1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Help Needed For A New Modder

Discussion in 'Modding' started by caff, 11 Jun 2005.

1. caff

caff What's a Dremel?

Hey everyone, the names caff.

Ive been around these forums for a while, from just before the ORAC3 was finished, and recently decided to sign up because im about to make my first mod project, but i need a bit of help.

First of all, i need to know if anyone knows of a decent laser etching company in the UK. Ive looked around and cant find one that is willing to etch perspex on a one off.

Also i need some help in finding ORANGE cathodes, or perhaps black lights (trying not to give too much away here ;) )

and one a side not but not amazingly important is this:

has anyone has any experience with http://www.performance-pcs.com?

as this is the only company i can find that deal with the case i want (also trying not to give too much away ;) )

any help is greatly appreciated, thanks all!

caff.

2. sirbogey

sirbogey What's a Dremel?

3. sirbogey

btw: to get more websites in the UK, go to the "Modding" forum and click on the first thread (it's always the first thread). The thread is called "Useful links".

happy modding...

let me know which shop's got the best cathodes selection. thanks

4. caff

caff What's a Dremel?

No, its not... but as i said, this company is for purchasing my case and is the only one i have found that produces it...

so i was just looking for feedback about delivery times and stuff, perhaps to purchase other parts at the same time, such as psu etc.

Unfortunately none of these websites offer orange cathodes.

personally the only orange cathode i have ever found is a small 4" mini cathode, whereas i am looking for the 12" ones (perhaps in dual)

but thank you very much for the graphics link, this looks rather promising :)

caff.

5. caff

caff What's a Dremel?

Actually scratch that...

the link you provided me doesnt even DO laser etching, it just makes vinyl's and chrome stuff...

still, thanks for your help anyway, even though you didnt help much atall.

6. retrogamer

retrogamer What's a Dremel?

Sounds like an intruiging mod you have planned, orange related mods are usually good :) I too am looking for somewhere in the UK that does laser etching and its becoming a real pain contacting laser engraving services and showing them what I want, only for them to say 'That will cost <insert extorsionate amount of £££ here>' If I find somewhere that do it Ill let you know ;) And if you find somewhere please pm me :hehe:

Good luck with the mod :dremel:

Retro

7. caff

caff What's a Dremel?

yeah no problem retro, if i find anything i will let you know (maybe with two people buying from one company they will be more enclined to help out)

also something else has come up, i need a relible brand of PSU.

thanks all

caff.

8. retrogamer

retrogamer What's a Dremel?

Yeh maybe :)

I can reccommend the enermax noisetaker 480w. It is deadly silent and rails are solid as a rock :thumb:

Retro

9. infered101

infered101 What's a Dremel?

I personally know that performance-pcs is good they have good prices and shipping. The thing is I live in florida and that is where there located so i dont know about shipping to UK but the company is good and pretty cheap.

10. sirbogey

what about http://froogle.google.co.uk and look for "orange cathode". I've seen some matching results, but had no time to browse through the sites. good luck

11. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

How about getting a white cathode and some Orange stage-light filters?

12. caff

caff What's a Dremel?

both great suggestions. thanks very much :)

caff.