1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding help needed how to hook up a laptop tft to a pc

Discussion in 'Modding' started by dubdvd, 18 Jul 2005.

1. dubdvd

dubdvd What's a Dremel?

im just starting a project with an U2-UFO and i had planned to intergreat my 17" or 15" tft into it... but now a guy on my home forum has offered me 3 x 12" laptop tft's for free to play around with ...ive seen one used before ...but to be honest i dont really know where to start as far as hooking these up my graphics cards "SLI" and how to sort out the power for each of them they are from 3 x Dell X300 laptops...so any help here would be great .....thanks lads

2. Mattt

Mattt Minimodder

just checking first-

your not one of these people who hasent :search: and or the LCD sticky are you?

if you have, you should realsie you need 3x controlers for the LCD's which are going to be £100+ each.

if you havent, read the sticky and old threads then come back and ask questions you still have.

just want to make sure u know how to hook up a single LCD (the information for that is already in the forum in a number of differnt places) befor i take the time to give details on how to do multiple.

Last edited: 18 Jul 2005
  3. hobbs

hobbs What's a Dremel?

well as you might know, with sli enabled you can only use one of the four dvi connectors. but you could hack open one of the converters and bypass it, if you want to can get me on aim and ill help ya with it.

AIM: WeasleInATurbine

4. dubdvd

dubdvd What's a Dremel?

your right im an A55 ..I just found what i was looking forhttp://forums.bit-tech.net/search.php?searchid=588236 ...sorry

Last edited: 18 Jul 2005
  5. dubdvd

dubdvd What's a Dremel?

thanks for the offer ill be onto you as soon as i read up on the basics behind it ...thanks again

6. dubdvd

dubdvd What's a Dremel?

ok can then ive read some of the posts on wiring up the a laptop tft its alot of work for some thing that only has 16 colors ....ive now got my hands on a 17" tft standard dell job ...now im wondering can i split ..the wiring on the back of it so that i could run one or two of the laptop tfts as clones of the original the plan is that im going to place the 17" tft into the side panel of the U2-UFO and place two gas sturts the kind used for a car boot..onto the sidepanel so i can raise it up to give me access to the inside of the drive bay compartment area ,...but then i was thinking wont it be cool to have the two laptop 12" tft's on retracking arms on either side of the case like so in this picture ...im bad with art so just use you imagine [​IMG]

im thinking ill give them there own power but can i split the main tft into three or is this me living in clould cokco land ????

7. Mattt

Mattt Minimodder

i think it would work, as long as u have the controlers for each of the lappy tfts.

btw if u do this it will be a VERY cool mod. :dremel: