1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i had a really wierd set of customers today

Discussion in 'General' started by samuelellis, 13 Dec 2002.

1. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

first of all someone who did nto knwo the difference between a freeview box & a video but insistend that a video was a freeview

then i had one that insisted that all hifis had the new DAB radio built in

then i got someone come up to me & say you sell a hoover dryer for £129.99 everyone else sells for the same price i want a tenner off & he would not take no for an answer, even from the manager

everyone wantd free stuff

then i got a doozy, people who bought over a grand & bought a recordable minidisc portable, a panasonic mindisc hifi for there daugher

then this monstrosity of an aiway i have nichknamed the kevin & sharon special for there son (instead of one big speaker & your tweeters it has tweeter, higher tweeter htat does nothing at this price prange, then a triange of 3 little speakers that make the bass, it is hideous) & a big tv for there son, refused to spend on coverplan, they said that if the £300 tvbroke in 12 months they would buy a new one instead of spending on the 3 year cover plan for £80 where there was no other cost, then they tried to fit all of this into...........

.............an audi A4, int he snow

in the end the bloke got so sick he shoved it all in & then took the tv out of the box, threw the box at me & said were only taking the tv you can keep the soddin box

i wasent argueing with him hed jsut spent voer a grand

so guess whos smashed his daily, weekly, monthly & if im there long enough my yearly target:clap:

& i havent even conenc a coverpan out of anyone

2. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

lol, good on ya sam

how the hell can you mistake a video machine for a freeview box? dude, they must be on drugs...

THE ONE WITH THE HOLE, THE ONE WITH THE HOLE!! :hehe:

whats a doozy?

3. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

I'm glad to hear someone's day went well.....

Cheers dude, now you can use the box to make a great case mod out of :naughty:

ALthough some of your customers seem rather odd. Or just plain dumb. I'm sorry if anyone thinks that's cold, but please.

Well have fun, relax, and ask for a raise :hip: :naughty: :lol:

4. samuelellis

dumb is not the word

absloutely ******* idiotic is more the word

i keep begging management to let me have the old cases of returned goods that are dumped but they laugh at me when they wanna know why

they wont even visit bit

5. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Nice work... remember the dumbest people often have the biggest wallets... it's your job to make sure they echo when they are out the door!

:brrr:

6. samuelellis

scarily its been dead in currys

so te fact i pulled in over 2grand aint bad (ive outsold some of the full timesby a comfortable margin every day)

7. Kargin

Kargin Overdose . . .

*waves Dremel in front of their eyes*

"So do we have an agreement....?"

Also, you could always duct tape them to a chair and prop their eyes open with tooth picks and make them look at BiT-Tech. :D

8. Jaz

Jaz Banned

hmm sure show em bit and let them find the threads of how much you hate them, lol

9. bradford010

bradford010 Bradon Frohman

Hate to say it, but coverplan isn't worth **** anyhow. :sigh:

10. IsaacSibson

IsaacSibson Banned

I think we surprised comet when we said we'd take our 32" sony widescreen TV with us...went in the car no problem.

Sorry about the coverplans there sam. It's bad enough being asked to buy them, but to actually have to SELL them....I feel for you...

11. delphia

delphia What's a Dremel?

i work as a waiter in a steakhouse, and we have to try and upsell the "mega cut" which is an extra 100 grams for $5 ....

its a bitch to do, people think "im not paying $5 for 100 grams of meat, its 1/5 that price at the butcher."

i think "ok dumbass, it turns a 300 gram hunk of 18 hour slow cooked prime rib into a 400 gram chunk of prime rib. i dare you to replicate it with that ****ty bbq steak... "

on a semi related topic i had a total bitch in tonight

we sent the steak out without the sliced avacado (honest mistake) she waits 10 minutes to inform us, i rush it to the kitchen its fixed and brought straight out, i place it down, AND SHE IS OUTSIDE HAVING A SMOKE ( ion australia you cant smoke in restaraunts) so i leave it there.

she comes back in 10 minutes later, AND BITCHES CAUSE ITS COLD!!!!

12. samuelellis

i know but you are supposed to sell coverplan to at least 25% of the people who come inot the shop & make a purchase

the only thing i personally tell the customer is i take out cover on portables as they break easily & ive looked into it & that is covered

13. IsaacSibson

IsaacSibson Banned

on paper...

In reality, brad's right. If you have a problem, coverplans rarely help. They're just where most profit lies.

14. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

I had something similar happen to me once at work. I rang up a customer to cancel his appointment with our heating engineer and ended up selling him plumbing and drainage cover!

15. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

i love the cover policy on my laptop.

i can leave my door wide open, it can get stolen and im covered.

i can throw it down a flight of stairs and its covered.

the last cover plan i had that i used was on my PS. it broke, tey fixed it, it worked for fookin ages again after, it was great!

16. ReversaL

ReversaL What's a Dremel?

I work in a huge Teco Extra, it has a massive wall covered with TVs (The TV Wall) I was standing infront of it tuning a TV when a customer comes upto me and asked if we sell TVs... i wasnt sure if i should laugh or cry! So i stood there and stared, thinking they would notice the 100 odd TV wall i was standing infront of... but nope, i had to show them :rolleyes:

Sadly.. this IS a true story and has happened more than once :(

17. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Targets.... oh the memories... I remember selling like a whore on Boxing Day before, thinking I was doing really well selling as much as Lorna @ 6 Grand ish.... then I looked down at big Steve's sales and he was on £24K :( That guy earns £27 alone each year on COMMISSION, now add say about £20 a year for the job..... damn it.. and he makes it look so easy!

18. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I sold a 37 Inch Panasonic Plasma this week :) £3829.99 :D

19. bradford010

bradford010 Bradon Frohman

Re: Re: i had a really wierd set of customers today

That wouldn't have been in Dixons in goring by Sea, would it?

20. samuelellis

im not a fan of selling cover but it has to be done as the profit on actuall products is nothing

we only make something like £3 on a televideo in profit

ah well at leasy my essentials is looking good, everyone who buys a hifi leaves with better speaker cable & if someone buys a dvd player they leave with the daddy of a scart cable

i outsell everyone on essentials simply cos i do use uprated cabling in my setup & i take the time to explain why you need better cable

strangely everyone seems the think gold plated are the best

/me would love to wave soem of the cabling i own under there noses