1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows I have StarCraft 2!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sheninat0r, 27 Jul 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

It's 1:30AM on the East Coast in the U.S., and I just got back from my local GameStop's midnight launch event. It's 80% done installing, and I'm incredibly psyched. I hope I have enough self control to not finish half the campaign tonight :(

2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Nice, was there a long line?

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

i doubt my EBGames is opened at 2am for this... And I wouldn't go anyway

4. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

wow! that is really fascinating!

...want to know a secret? I don't know how to fish, but even if I had a rod + other equipment I wouldn't go anyway! :worried:

5. eVoPhantom

eVoPhantom What's a Dremel?

I was really hoping a demo would be out so I could make sure I can run it :(

6. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Your comp would have to be shockingly bad not to be able to run Starcraft 2. I'm finishing off the last couple of percent on my digital download, will be buying and authenticating at 9AM, then sadly off to work :( But I have tomorrow off for playing yay! :)

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I might get this at the end of the week if there are some genuine reviews, not pure "OMGWTFBBQ! IT'S FINALLY HERE *SPLURT* uuuhhhhhh" so-called fan-boy reviews which are just rose-tinted biased opinions.

Yes, yes, it's Blizzard, "they don't make bad games" whatever. My choices here are Gamestop where the staff barely know what a PC is and Smyths toy stores where DVD's about Lassie and My Little Pony outnumber PC games for sale about 10:1.

8. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I don't know what reviews you are referring to because there are currently no reviews of Starcraft 2 out.

9. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I already have a reserved copy there but I just won't go get it at 2am in the morning

thx for your (useless) rant though

10. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

After reading your post I thought we were posting useless comments? Maybe its because I don't speak english nativly I missed out on the meaningfull part to your post. :eyebrow:

...Anyway - according to amazon mine is in the post :) :)

11. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

12. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I finished downloading mine this morning and activated it back on at 9AM. I'd never usually pay £45 for a PC game but I consider it different for a game like this. In a cruel act of fate, I had to leave for work at 9.10 so only had enough time to boot the game up once and check out the video settings. What was nice was the game automatically set the video settings to the right resolution and all settings on maximum to suit my PC. I can't wait to get home and get stuck in online in the new league system!

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

£45 ****ing quid!!! D:

14. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Well, it's £35 from Amazon/Play/Game...

Still not low enough to tempt me though. I haven't even played the first one yet :worried:

15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I just meant reviews in general when they come out. Often with a game this hyped, people see things through rose-tinted glasses. :)

16. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

I thought about hitting up EBGames last night to get my copy, but then I realised I have to work for a living. I'll be clicking away come 4pm EST.

17. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

I disagree. Games like this have insanely high expectations and are often criticised for not meeting them.

18. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Pre-ordered my copy in May. Apparently, it has shipped. It should be arriving today.

a little too soon for me. I am busy this summer, and I've been getting back into Dota in what little gaming time I have.

Most likely going to install it, create an account ASAP to try for a cool, short username, then play it once a week until the fall, when I will hopefully have enough time to play it and Stalker CoP.

I hate to admit it, but I stopped playing Starcraft singleplayer partway through the middle campaign in Brood War. I'll have to get caught back up on what happened.

Hopefully, the map editor is good. We need some solid third-party maps to come out.

I think most experienced SC/WC3 mapmakers will be jumping to SC2. Everyone will want to be the first to come out with a good custom map.

EDIT:

Really, EBGames? Really?

I order a game 11 weeks before its release date, and you can't be bothered to ship it to me so it arrives on release day?

Is it that hard to plan it out so that it arrives on the same day it is released?

They sent it out with 2-day shipping, yesterday. Thanks for nothing, EBGames. Would it have been that hard to ship it out on Friday, so it would arrive on Tuesday? You had ten freaking weeks to ship the thing to me in order to have it arrive on Tuesday, July 27th. You could have strapped it to a valiant pair of snails, and they would have been able to traverse the country to bring me this game in time. Instead, you wait until on 4:26 PM the day before launch, and use 2-day shipping. Either ship it two days in advance, or use overnight shipping. It's not a difficult concept. Isn't the entire point of pre-ordering games that you get them on release day?

And it's not like they don't have the games to ship out. I worked at an electronics store in high school, and the Tuesday new releases generally arrived by the prior Thursday. I've had to deal with idiot coworkers stocking the shelves full of games that aren't due to be released for a couple days.

Last edited: 27 Jul 2010
  19. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.