1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling I will Never buy from amazon again

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by numanoid, 18 Jul 2021.

1. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Ordered a kraken z73 360 aio, it got delivered with fan screws missing, had online chat with a guy,sent another out,got delivered last night 9:40pm, got my pc ready for the new cooler,no amd or intel mounting screws,no fan screws and no pump cables....what the hell,so 2 huge boxes getting sent back tomorrow,ill make do with my aorus 280 aio LIVID......

2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Iv seen a few manufacturers selling there seconds or "open boxes" on amazon. If you read carefully in the description it sometimes tells you but still list them as new.

Might not be the case with your cooler, just a **** seller or **** up by amazon

LennyRhys and numanoid like this.
  3. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

Had something similar happen lately.

Bought a reolink camera, box had the sealed amazon stickers, got it on special. Open it up, the front lens was scratched up and there was a burn mark on the lense. Contacted amazon who would only offer a refund not an exchange. Said I could just reorder, however it went back up in price and they couldn't discount it for me.

Plus side, I got to go through reolinks customer service, excellent, send it to us, here's the address, well send you out a brand new one, had it in 2 days. Pretty happy with them

IanW and numanoid like this.
  4. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

sad-jeff-bezos.jpg

Are we talking Sold by Amazon, Fulfilled by Amazon, or a Seller on Amazon? I suppose at least with the first two returns are generally pretty easy and painless.

numanoid likes this.
  5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I just basically gave up on Amazon about 6 months ago. Its 90% ewaste from no name brands with no warrenties or any kind of support, CS is getting increasingly terrible and the shipping is far from something that was a selling point. Oh, and the filters for item search is litterally the worst. I acively pay more to not shop there now. If it wasn't for Prime video I'd stop my prime. The only problem is there certian segments of the market you can only get from them because they've swallowed it up!

blackerthanblack and numanoid like this.
  6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yup same here. Bought an EVGA PSU and it was used.

[​IMG]

The box was tatty, seals all broken and the modular cables all left connected to it. You can see to the right of the upside down 80+ sticker that the main sticker is torn.

Not happy. Not at all. I thought it was illegal to sell used goods as new once they had even had the seals cut. They are definitely cranking up the greedy. I remember when stuff on Warehouse was cheap as chips. Like, up to 2/3 cheaper than new. Now? they are charging like, 3% less for it than a new item. Whilst throwing tons of it in the trash. Which, I am pretty sure, is against EU regulation. I remember years ago that Alienware (and Dell) did exactly the same thing. Anything returned, no matter if it were fully working 100% and unmarked they would just bin it. Then the EU stepped in, and all of a sudden you could get really cheap Alienware PCs on Ebay. Then Dell decided to open the outlet and squash that, which is fair enough considering their outlet really isn't that much more expensive than the Ebay prices were.

But Amazon? pure greed. I really, desperately wanted to return it (the PSU). I needed it though, and it worked. Still furious, but had things been different (and not in Covid times) I would have returned it. It's happened before BTW. And I have kicked up a right stink about it. Know what happened? nothing. Three times they said they had given me a gift card on my account and three times I got absolutely f**k all. Must be their new method of getting you off the phone.

I only buy stuff from there now, especially computer gear, when it's on Prime Day. Or BF and etc. IE when it's stupendously cheap. If OCUK weren't so greedy during the pandemic I would have gone there. Sadly though they were, and thus I ended up buying absolutely nothing PC related for nearly 18 months. It's starting to normalise a bit now.

numanoid likes this.
  7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

[​IMG]

numanoid likes this.
  8. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Both brand new still sealed,just my luck lol, cheers buddy

9. numanoid

numanoid Modder

Sold by amazon bud,both sealed, just bad luck i suppose lol

10. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

This last year I've been quids in with Amazon Prime.

I bought a Fire Cube for £100 and the price dropped by £20 on a special deal the following day. Contacted Customer Services and said I'm not happy, a prime member and what could they do. CS said tough so I escalated and because of attitude of previous CS got it refunded and told to keep it. +£80

Bought a flashlight for £72 that should have come with a special battery. It was delivered from USA and no battery in box. Contacted CS and asked for a discount for the missing battery. They told me the system couldn't do a discount so refunded it in total and told me to keep it. +£72

Bought a couple of large storage boxes and one had a badly damaged lid. Contacted CS and they arranged collection and sent a replacement. Replacement had a slightly damaged lid that just needed a bit of sanding to take of the rough edge. Contacted CS and they refunded the second one. +£15

Ordered a box of Fineliner pens in 'S' size, they sent 'F'. Contacted CS, refunded and told me to keep them. +£10

Ordered a noise machine that proved defective. Amazon refunded and collected. Manufacturer sent me a new one free of charge. Not strictly down to CS but still +£40

Decided to renew my Prime subscription. -£80

numanoid likes this.
  11. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I mostly order warehouse deals. That way at least know already that someone has probably opened it up and interfered with it :happy:

numanoid likes this.
  12. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

Pretty much this for me as well. I realised a few things when I used to buy from Amazon:
    1 - I really don't need usually next day delivery, I often have to wait until the weekend before I have time to use said purchase.
    2 - Actually searching for anything is an awful experience.
    3 - Despite having lots of sellers including themselves, they are quite often not the cheapest for a specific product in my experience (I never bothered with the sales).
    4 - Having worked for contractors delivering for them a couple of times when between 'proper' jobs, I can say they have a long way to go before they even come close to being called a good employer.

I'll happily pay a bit more to buy from the manufacturer or another outlet, and get it delivered from an alternative courier. Luckily, it's the Wife that has the Prime account, so I can pretend my conscience is clear from that too!

Bloody_Pete and numanoid like this.
  13. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I mean I would never by default go with Amazon for hardware stuff, and have recently extended that policy to everything. In fact it's now only a last resort really, which is good since it's meant I tend to buy less stuff and also when I do tends to go directly to smaller companies.

Also get the bonus of not giving more money to Bezos.

numanoid likes this.
  14. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

I guess Amazon doesn't check their returns?

I returned 2 things recently (a USB 2.5GbE adaptor and a 2.5GbE switch), both times imminently got issued refund after dropping off the parcel at the shop. I packed it back up like new, but seals were still broken, not sure what they plan to do with it, surely can't sell as new.

numanoid likes this.
  15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Same thing they do with the vast majority of "Fulfilled by Amazon" stuff the seller can't sell: crush it and send it to landfill.

wyx087 and numanoid like this.
  16. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I tend to use eBay more than Amazon, especially as if I find a decent seller, I can save them and use them again in the future, like mizucool who sell loads of watercooling stuff, cables and things like coloured screws and washers, perfect for customising builds. The trouble with eBay though is they class Hong Kong as UK still, which is annoying when I search for something and set it to UK only if I need it asap. But in general their search is better, will provide more filters specific to the thing you're looking for and you can use PayPal for a little extra protection from scammers.

blackerthanblack likes this.
  17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I use Amazon to find sellers and buy from the sellers website direct.

Either that or off Fleabay.

Amazon have lost their edge, and couple that with the abominable working conditions to provide the service, I can't justify giving them money anymore.

18. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

If they were both new and sealed, yet still missing parts, how is that on Amazon and not the manufacturer's QC?

19. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

:eyebrow: Erm, yeh. Very much this. I thought they'd "accidentally" sent you returns or something, but this is 100% NZXT's fault. You could have always contacted them direct for replacement parts.

20. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I mostly buy from Amazon due to the customer service and prime.