1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm 20 but alcohol induced memory loss is becoming frequent!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Mighty Yoshimi, 7 Aug 2008.

1. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

that video is so ****, ive got to go have a pint to remove it from my brain!

2. RTT

RTT #parp

I wish! I'm still not old enough to buy alcohol

3. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

+1 for 'don't drink so damn much'
    last saturday I was at a mates 21st and I made my way through ~1100mls of kahlua especial (1 1/2 bottles @750mls each, 35%alc/70 proof). I was drinking it strait on an empty stomach and was fairly drunk but alright (I was going to stop drinking here, but forgot after seeing the next part). my mate then later started on a yard glass of rum&coke and was having trouble getting stuck in to it (cause of his cold I think), so I decided to help him out with it by skulling back a decent amount (not sure how much). after that, I can't remember much aside from lying on the concrete outside and later getting a ride home and feeling pretty rotten as I slept it off. half my memories of the night are gone though I do remember some fleeting parts of it.
    that's the first time I've had any sort of memory loss I've had from drinking despite having drunk to the point of drifting in&out of consciousness before (I can count the number of times I've passed out on my hand, so I don't over-drink very often)
    moral of the story: rum = bad

4. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

He forgets once he's drunk :naughty:

5. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

There is a difference between being drunk and being sh!tfaced, you are being the latter, which is why you aren't remember anything, if you are still a beer monster, drink bottles instead of pints, worked for me at uni ;)

Anyway, as we are going for informative video's, here is my contribution:

OR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df53LWQuezQ if that doesn't load up properly

Last edited by a moderator: 8 Aug 2008
  6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Wait, there's a minimum age? I thought nowadays alcohol was water?

7. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

8. Mother-Goose

By the sounds of it, this could actually be more apt

9. kennethsross

kennethsross What's a Dremel?

Brad Paisley, Blake Shelton - sounds like I'm not the only one around here who likes country music!

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Don't give in to peer pressure, if you don't want to indulge too much in ritual drug abuse then don't do it, drinking isn't necessary to have fun. I find the more I and the others around me drink the worse my night gets anyway.

11. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Going from a few posts in here...why do people feel the need to show off how much they drank? It's like being twelve again "oh I managed to drink two whole cans of cider without being sick".
    Drink enough to get you as drunk as you want to get, who gives a **** if you're a lightweight. It's cheaper, anyway :)

12. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

After binge drinking once the hangover isn't something I want to repeat, now I'll only have approx. 4 pints a night, I suggest you do the same.
    Although, you may be like me, and after only 1 or 2 still forget small details the next day or while drunk even thought you're not that bad.

13. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

Well sooner or later, youll most likely get bored of it, i remember in the summer before sophomore year, me and my buddies would go out an drink every friday, get shitfaced as ****, then wake up like in the middle of the yard every now and then. Pretty crazy time and it was fun, but by and by, we just got sick of not being able to fuction for days on end. So now we pretty much stopped, maybe a beer or so every now and then, just to enjow. Also we started to drink finer lagers, instead or the **** we used to drink : coors.

14. zeroinfinity

zeroinfinity hmmm.

Be careful you don't get alcohol poisoning. I thought I had it one time, cause I drank so much. I thought I was going to die in my sleep. :(

15. Mother-Goose

I had a super cider weekend not too long ago (the proper stuff, not frightening lightning), in the Monday I was back at work and I thought I'd done something to my back, WRONG, it was my kidney's. Since then I have drunk alot less on nights out, and had more fun! Basically by the sounds of it, the only way this guy is gonna ease up is by scaring himself!

You are not old chap :)

16. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Ur friends frown at u cuz u don't drink?
    Quit drinking and get better friends!

17. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

What the... how young are you? Age is 18 over there, isn't it? I'm 21 in a few weeks (though I'm not going to start drinking once its legal and I was sure that all of the Bit-staff was at least as old as me.

18. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

What, you guys are drinking American beer now?

-monkey

19. remixme

remixme Own a Dremel, but not used it yet!

Wow, really impressed with the amount of knowledge in this post. Think I learned my something new for the day. How do you know this stuff?
    For me binge drinking got old real fast, as past my first few years in uni the hangovers got worse till I just couldn't stand them any more, and stopped drinking altogether, apart from the occasional beer/night out now and then.

For the OP, when it comes to Alcohol; Time is a cruel teacher. You WILL see yourself or people you care about do themselves harm due to alcohol. People can change beyond recognition.
    It's just a shame that the media & government can make genuine problems seem hysterical and thus no one takes them seriously.

Don't get me started on how light to moderate drinkers get priced out of the market on drinks in clubs and bars due to binge drinking 'deterrent' prices.

20. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

He's Nexxo. He knows everything. On the off chance that he doesn't, he looks it up, and not on Wikipedia either. ;)

(Nexxo is tremendously smart, brutally honest, and a professional clinical psychologist to boot - pay attention to what he says, it's usually right.)

Back to the topic at hand - all alcohols are poisons. The only difference is the lethal dose.