1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod Rant WARNING:it's pretty long *hides*

Discussion in 'General' started by Zephyr, 1 Jan 2005.

1. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

quoted for truth!!
    i bought my 40gig Zen Xtra nearly 2 years ago, sure its bigger but its £150 cheaper and indestructible
    i've dropped it countless times, its got quite a few dents and scratches but it still works flawlessly, i love it :D
    probably replace it with an iriver if it did break tho :)

2. Captain Slug

Captain Slug Infinite Patience

Besides the fact that I like being able buy the battery I need at 80% of retail stores that carry batteries, that's the secondary reason I won't buy anything that can't use standard battery sizes. Non-standard replacements cost too much and tend to be flaky.

3. KingofHearts

KingofHearts What's a Dremel?

You can reboot when its connected no problem. its only like the first 30 seconds you connect it you shouldnt reboot it because it can corrupt data. This is true for many devices. For instance you can buy a compact flash to ide adapter so you can use a compact flash card like a hard drive. You cannot hot swap it though if you pull it out while its booted you lose all data.

My ipod is connected to my pc constantly and I reboot my pc all the time with no problems. Its charges off the usb so its on there all the time. If you use common sense there is no issues. Like when you first connect it or when its downloading data. Heck my usb cable runs under the desk and into a drawer where the ipod is and I cant even see the ipod and there really hasnt been any issues.