1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just overclocked!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pritsey, 28 Dec 2002.

1. pritsey

pritsey Minimodder

Hi all,

I bought a Thumderbird 1133 from a guy in work to go with my new mobo (Asus A7S333) and thought that overclocking would be easy as it's all in the bios. However it just wouldn't work no matter what I put the multiplier to.

I've just read on another forum that I could have just upped the FSB, which is what I've just done. So now my chip is running at 1275! Cool! Well, quite warm actually! It's running about 54 deg C. I'll probably get a bigger fan soon, but my main concern is my RAM. This morning I got a 256 meg stick from crucial in the post and don't fancy replacing it any time soon. Will the increase in my FSB from 133 to 150 do it any harm? Do you think I'll need some passive RAM heatsinks? Any help would be much appreciated from a newbie.

Thanks all.

p.s. Actually it may not be the FSB at all, I can't remember!

Last edited: 28 Dec 2002
  2. jamiesurfs

jamiesurfs Boom Boom, Cha Cha Cha!

Crucial RAM is quite well known for overclocking pretty well, so I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you are having any strange crashes/freezes/errors etc. However, as with all overclocking, just take it nice and slowly!