1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kaze (Wind): New update 5/10!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by GigantoR, 21 Jul 2004.

?

Which color scheme should I use?

1. White and UV Green

47 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. White and UV Red

72 vote(s)
    60.5%
  1. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

Close, but not quite. The reason my case is called Kaze is Kaze means wind. I'm going to use the Kanji symbol for wind in decorating the case.

This is the symbol
    [​IMG]

The case will be white with clearcoat, the over the clearcoat, I will put the symbol in red in a few places, then clearcoat again, hoping to get a "floating" look for the symbols. Parts of the interior frame will also be red.

ps, could you guys rate my thread if possible? I'd like to know what people think, even those of you who don't reply. ;)

2. DomA

DomA What's a Dremel?

PSU looks like it's really starting to take shape...

I very much like the white with red idea, can't wait to see how this progresses..

3. GigantoR

Quick update: Got some of the sanding done on the front, still a long way to go.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. GigantoR

Sorry for lack of updates guys. School is winding down, last week I had 2 tests, a major presentation, then a weekend class with a final and a presentation. So I've been pretty swamped.

Little bit of text updates. The PSU is finished except for painting basically, unless I decide to go insane and pull a mod I've been thinking about. How hard is it to change out the wire that is soldered to the PCB in your power supply? I'm thinking of using all white wire and replacing all the wire in the PSU. to tell which wire was which, I would use a strip of colored elctrical tape around the bottom near the solder joint, that way I can tell when the lid is off, but when I put it on, you can't see it. I think that would look INSANE especially the ATX plug since sleeving never stays all the way to the plug. I hate the look of the multicolored wires that are always a little bit visible at the ends of molex plugs. I am about to try this with an extra PSU I have laying around just to see if I could pull it off.

I am still working on the bondo on the front panel. I think I actually sanded down too far in a few spots, so I am about to go to work with a ruler trying to see if I can find a way to get it even without having to basically start over. I've always have rough luck with bondo, guess this case is no exception.

I have the mount for the rear 120 fan fully planned out, I just haven't had time to start cutting on the case or plexi. I think once I get that mount done, and one or 2 wire hiding cuts done on the mobo tray, I will try to move everything back into the case to see how it is looking.

I am going to mount my power and reset switches under the front of my case, like if you reached your hand down and felt the bottom of your case, right under the front panel. Trying to keep most everything stealthed in this case. I've already bondoed over the old locations on the front, so I guess I'm pretty comitted to this now lol.

I know that was a crapload to read, but hopefully it gives you guys some idea of how this thing is gonna turn out. Give me some input on the PSU wiring, like if you think its a good idea, or is it even worth doing.

Until next time...

5. (spc)kuhnkejer

(spc)kuhnkejer What's a Dremel?

sorry just now saw your mod but i did that one time (mixing the wires and firing a hard drive) im sure ther is a lot of us out there that hay but i never fried more stuff ???? anyways i like your mod so far and keep it up OO why are you putting the fans on the out side of the psu ??? and what do you need to get the rest of your mod done i have some junk laying around ill give you ( cause i feel bad about your hhd ) well good luck :dremel: :idea: :clap:

6. BrokeEnthusiast

BrokeEnthusiast What's a Dremel?

That will look clean when you get done...KEEP MODDING lol

7. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

White and Red - will look great!

8. GigantoR

Alrighty, got an update finally. Still workin on the front bondo, but I got the rear fan mount done. All the plexi is going to be painted, not sure what color yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know the pic quality went down, but my buddy with the camera moved in with his fiancee like 45 minutes away, so I have to make due.

Got a little cutting to do on the mobo, then finish up the front bondo and paint!

9. Scaleo^

Scaleo^ Guest

[​IMG]

Wow! That PSU Really looks nice. Good Job man.

Subscribed :D

10. morishani

morishani What's a Dremel?

PSU Looks damn good :)

11. Bloody Mary

Bloody Mary What's a Dremel?

Yeah PSU is awesome, but how many magapixels on that camera man?

12. GigantoR

Well, this project is getting started over from scratch. I had simply cut and banged on the old case too much and it was fallin apart. I will keep it around and use some parts with the new case, but I think its a good thing because now I can make everything a lot cleaner and done better.

I have also ordered some new parts. Sometime next week I will recieve an EVGA 6800, Barton Mobile 3000, 1 gig PQI pc3200 and matching Zalman coolers for the CPU and Vid Card.

13. HellRazor

HellRazor What's a Dremel?

A bit late joining this one....

looking good though, I'll watch this one for sure.

Late ~subscription