1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Kojima may 'have to' make MGS5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 26 Aug 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Let the man make a new franchise. If someone doesn't want to release sequels I take it as a good sign. If you put "from the guy who made the Metal Gear Solid games" on the side of the box it would probably sell just as much as MGS 5 anyway.

3. The Infamous Mr D

The Infamous Mr D Minimodder

Hmm, I should think someone has been dangling a big juicy cash-loaded carrot in front of Mr Kojima.

4. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

i love the metal gear series. Since it first appear on the MSX computer. BUT... I hate the psycho-philosophical storyline that japanese directors use in their movies/games. It REALLY get on my nerves sometimes.

5. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

I would like to see Hideo make a RPG. ZOE wasn't that bad of a game but it was more of a Japanese style game.

6. kempez

kempez modding again!

Frankly if Kojima's next game has as much 'watching' as MGS4 I will 100% not be buying it. 'Playing' through MGS4 is a chore, and games should not be a chore.

7. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

8. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Check out the MGS4 Review on Zero Punctuation its rather amusing :0

9. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

i feel its more an issue of the ps3 needing more exclusive triple A titles. the next gen console, when that comes out, will also need a killer game, and mgs is the best to do it by a mile

10. UrbanMarine

MGS has always been a movie/game. Hideo is a movie director at heart and a game designer. I do admit some parts were alittle insane but the over all story was worth it. But I've also played and beat ever game in the series that came to the US. Down a bottle of A.D.D. pills next MGS.

11. kempez

kempez modding again!

Yeah I get it's supposed to be part movie, part game but there are a lot of points when I was thinking "just let me play the damn thing", then had to wait another 10 minutes (and more) to get ahold of the pad - that's not a fun game in my books. The story is OK, if a little convoluted - and I want to finish the game. I just can't bring myself to play through some bits of gameplay that are fraught with little niggly faults; only to watch/listen a half hour of random story bumf before I get to pick up a controller again. Half Life 2 did story telling in a game without the need for stupidly long cut scenes

12. rollo

rollo Modder

ZOE was a fun game. Please make another

13. UrbanMarine

Hideo talked about making another ZOE or similar. He also talked about carrying on MGS but with a new character.

I wish Hideo would release a novel starting at Metal Gear and ending at MGS4. Capcom had the Resident Evil novels and comics which were good IMO so why not Hideo and MGS.

14. knowyourenemy

knowyourenemy Professional Winner

I say put MG down for 10 years and come back to us with a relieving shock after an additional 4 year development time. :)

15. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I hope he isn't forced to make a new MGS game. Not that I wouldn't want to play it, but the last thing any franchise needs is a director who didn't want to be there. MGS5 wouldn't be as good as it could be if Hideo was being forced to direct the game as opposed to doing it because he wanted to (As with MGS4).

I would rather a new franchise or maybe another Zone of the Enders title. I love the first one (never played the second, not sure why honestly.) Hideo really has his way with whatever direction he wants to move in. I know he said he would rather create something new for the Xbox as opposed to porting over Metal Geal Solid, maybe he should work on something for the Xbox 360.

16. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

ZOE3 first please.... PLEASE!!

17. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

The big difference between Kojima and Miyazaki being, of course, that Miyazaki produced more than two major works that were any good.

"Political, business or technology reasons..." Come one. Moar munies plz.

18. roshan

roshan What's a Dremel?

I am sick of hearing MGS only for PS3.Man give it for pc.

Tags: Add Tags