1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Lancool K58 rear exhaust fan problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by rehk, 31 Oct 2010.

1. rehk

rehk What's a Dremel?

The 120mm rear exhaust fan on my lancool k58 has been a problem recently. Since its been part of a build with a gigabyte h55m-ud2h mobo, it has suddenly stopped working.

I've tried it plugged into the only system fan header on the mobo (a 4 pin header that still supports 3 pins). It doesn't spin at all. The other larger 140mm fans in the case still spin when plugged into this header

I've tried it with a 4 pin molex > 3 pin fan adapter and it doesn't spin. Other fans still work with this.

I've tried it with one of these 4 pin molex > 4x 3 pin fan adapter. The fan doesn't spin when plugged into either the 12v or 5v headers on that. The other fans all still spin on this adapter, which is what they use all the time.

Thing is, the fan doesn't seem to be the problem. I've never even removed the fan at any point before as it came with the case, even when switching the other parts. However, I just removed it today and if I plug it into a 3 pin header on my other comp's Asus P5N-E SLI (which the case used to house), the fan works fine.

What is going on with this thing? The fan in question is a 'Lian Li LI121225SL-4' thats rated at 'DC 12V, 0.25A' Its only got a 3 pin with a red, white and black wires, the exact same as the other fan that came with the case, a 140mm that still works fine.

EDIT: Just tried it again a couple of times in my other comp and it only seems to start spinning when sitting horizontal on the floor of the case. Guess i'll just need to buy a new fan

Last edited: 31 Oct 2010
  2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Sounds like the fans on the way out especially as the header works with a different fan plugged into. Bin it and buy another one would be the best thing to do.

3. Hazmatt

Hazmatt What's a Dremel?

Fan control might be disabled in BIOS, you'll need to tell us what BIOS version you use (unless you can nav your self around it)
    I'll monitor this thread