1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Laptop GPS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cyberbob:-), 17 Oct 2005.

1. Cyberbob:-)

Cyberbob:-) Minimodder

Right guys, I'm after GPS for my Laptop, Does anybody know where I can get them, I what to look for??

My laptop has Bluetooth and infra-red.

I've had a little look, baffled... :wallbash: Don't really know what to look for...

2. wharrad

wharrad Minimodder

Co-pilot is highly regarded and has bluetooth equipment.

Not cheap mind - have a google

3. guy

guy What's a Dremel?

USB would be the most cost effective and widely available. Microsoft's Streets and Trips with GPS is simply amazing, i use it all the time. The latest version should run you about 100 US.

Yet I haven't seen what they have for maps out of North America, which could be an issue for you.

4. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

Well somewhere hidden in all the crap that I still haven't sorted out from moving is a USB GPS dongle that I got off ebay a while back for a carputer. It actually worked quite well. I was trying it with the software I was using. I'm being vague there because I'm hung over and can't remember it :wallbash:

Anywho, back to the point, if you are interested in the dongle then I'll try to find it and get some specs/piccies of it.