1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Latest Steam & General Gaming Bargains: Read first post!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AshT, 1 Dec 2009.

1. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I need to vent ...again. ;)

Why is it that anyone entertains the idea that anyone in Europe would want to pay 16.99 EUR for RAGE at a supposed discount of 66% when the bloody game costs half as much at retail. What the hell are they smoking?!?!

Needless to say it's cheaper elsewhere (on STEAM, that is), although even the cheapest price (US, surprise, surprise, at 10.19 USD) is way overpriced at this point.

<Rant over>

2. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Last round of daily deals. So boring I can't even be a**ed typing them down. It's pretty safe to say there probably won't be anything else worth buying. Unless there's a surprise final Flash Sale.

3. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

typing them down? lol

4. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Well, you know what I mean. Often I'd post the daily deals here in this thread. :)

5. Rapp

Rapp Minimodder

I have to say that the steam sale was a bit of disappointment too much stuff with loads of DLC driving the price up to a stupid amount, only picked up a few things in the end.

6. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Like what? Blame the game makers for the amount of DLC not Steam.

This sale has been as good as the others imho.

7. Rapp

Rapp Minimodder

8. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

I get your point, but you don't need the DLC, Batman Arkham City is a great game in its own right and there really is only one DLC worth getting which continues the story and that is Harley Quinn's Revenge. Most of the DLC in the Batman franchise is for Gotham City Impostors. All the DLC for retribution is for the MP, so you could skip that if you wanted to.

Still look at it objectively, Batman Arkham City a extremely well selling and highly regarded game released only 9 Months ago on offer for just under £7. That is a bargain right there.

9. Rapp

Rapp Minimodder

yeah that is what I done in the end was just buy the games and not the DLC picked up the Total war set for under £9 all the way back to Rome, other than Shogun 2

10. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I wish i could buy DLC... But i live in a country from a region where some mentally challenged people bought the exclusive distribution rights and made it impossible to buy Arkham City on Steam, including the DLC. And same applies for many, many games. Skyrim ? Only in retail...

11. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Well said. Jeeeeeeze. No pleasing some people.

12. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

MW3 just went on flash sale for £10!

13. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

£19.99 for me...

[​IMG]

14. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

Yep, said £9.99 for me but when I clicked to purchase it said £19.99 and now they've updated the front page flash deal. Won't be getting it for that price. Think I will grab Splinter Cell Conviction though, my first of the sale.

*edit* MW3 cheaper at Game than on the Steam sale :sigh:

Last edited: 23 Jul 2012
  15. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

Steelez is right, it was at £9.99 for around 10 minutes.. Valve obviously thought the deal was too good. :lol:

16. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

My pic shows the deal 3 mins in and and it's £19.99.

Anyway, it was never 75% off, not when you paid for it anyway.

17. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Good for you, I’m pleased but what's your point?

Much like Ubisoft's uplay system, it's fine when it works but a right hassle when it goes wrong.

It's also unnecessary, as steam is the DRM, there is no reason to add GFWL back into the mix. The description of the Arkham City store page is that GFWL is required for on-line features, it's a shame one of those on-line features is the ability to save your game, which can't be done unless you are signed into live.

I wish the store page descriptions would give a much better description of the impact of the extra DRM that comes with a given game.

I have since finally managed to get in and play the game, which I must say is really good so far, it's just such a shame it has the stain that is GFWL running through it.

Edit: It's also really annoying to get dual achievements, one from steam and the other from GFWL, the GFWL ones are accompanied by an annoying sound.

18. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

you cant do that - if your are reciepted for 1 price and charged another thats fraud.

19. markbrett64

markbrett64 thanks to denial I am now immortal

Unfortunately that's not the case. Caveat emptor. Pricing display errors do not commit the seller to honour the price. You could only argue fraud if they were doing it in a patterned and consistent manner.

20. markbrett64

markbrett64 thanks to denial I am now immortal

Safety for my wallet is so close now... I think it might cry.

New Vegas keeps winking at me... even though I already bought:-

Assassin's Creed Complete Pack
    Dungeon Siege Complete Pack
    Alan Wake
    The Witcher 2
    Fable: The Lost Chapters
    Civilization IV Complete
    Divinity II
    Some Anno 2070 DLC

I wanted the Amalur DLC and was disappointed that given 38 Studios are currently out of business that it wasn't reduced.