1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Looking to create space

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 6 Mar 2018.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

In my man cave I need to think about layout. (See image)
    [​IMG]
    I would like to remove the desk on the left and in some way relocate my secondary PC which is mall as it is housed in a Silverstone Sugo but does have a 27" monitor attached which I have no wish to change for a smaller one.

My initial thought is to bung my main PC in something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allcam-Com...pID=31sreAqrzbL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch and sticking it under the big desk. Then moving the 32" monitor along to the right though I suspect that will not give me enough room for the 27" monitor.

Reason for more space ned is VR and the impending arrival of the Rift, but that aside I have felt a bit cramped for a while.
    Is there anything around that I can fix to the underside of the big desk which will accommodate a small PC.
    Any other suggestions?

2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

My pc lives between my desk and a storage unit, so is not easy to get at. To get round that and lift it up a bit, I made a wheeled platform so it is nice and easy to get out. Something similar may work for you.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have bought a wheeled platform and I am currently moving with a little bit of modding the slide out keyboard tray on the defunct PC desk unit to fit underneath my main desk and with a Ergotron monitor arm I discovered in a long buried box it is all coming together quite neatly.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I've found time and time again, the best way to make space is to get rid of some of the stuff taking it up. There's no substitute for a good clear-out.

Get the monitors attached to the wall or on a dual screen stand, clear out half of the rest of the stuff, then get rid of the excess furniture. Change the desk for something else with more integrated storage for the PC.

Or get an ultra-wide and forget dual-screen.

5. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

One of those nifty under-the-desk PC hangers works great for keeping it off of the floor without taking up desk space.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Got a trolly thing coming for the under desk PC but this is what I managed to put together yesterday and today even down to modding a pull out tray for a keyboard.

[​IMG]

Arboreal likes this.
  7. yupson

yupson What's a Dremel?

Looks much better now.

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

And I have oodles of space for VR fun.