1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Mach 7 Fanthom

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by terrierizer, 17 Sep 2011.

1. terrierizer

terrierizer What's a Dremel?

Finished the cable braiding after 6 hours at the dining table.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. terrierizer

[​IMG]

love this picture of the Mach .8 fans

3. terrierizer

[​IMG]

this is the latest picture of the hardware

4. terrierizer

I've added a black tinted cover to the psu and cables. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I may add to this cover? I was thinking of the EK waterblocks logo or my own business logo, or evan my forum name. I may evan just leave it as it is giving a stealth effect.

[​IMG]

5. terrierizer

My Rampage 3 Exrtreme has just arrived back from the repair shop so I now want to finish this project and sell it on so I can fund my next project which will be a scratch built ROG themed pc built around the R3E.

[​IMG]

6. Device Unknown

Device Unknown What's a Dremel?

Fantastic work man. What separates a good worklog from a great one is the photography. Could I suggest practicing on your photo skills a little, you do your awesome work no justice by fuzzy and generally bad photography. I'm no expert myself but make sure you read the how-to on shooting worklogs. Again I am in no way referring to your great mod, just the photos.

7. Zorndar

Zorndar What's a Dremel?

I second' this, the photographs have a poor quality, you would have more resonance with better once.

Also I have to say the sleeving of the 24pin mobo connector looks a bit off. Could it be possible that the heat shrinks are not exactly the same size? I could be wrong and it can result from the perspective. I´m speaking of this picture. Also as "Device Unknown" already stated they are a bit too long. Normally one uses around 1.5cm and cut them all in one run to the same size, for at least one connector. So you have a much better end result!

8. terrierizer

Thanks for the advice, been practicing the photography this week so I'm hoping I can post some better photographs shortly. I was given some advice about the heatshrink so made all of the pieces 15mm as you said before fitting the psu back in the case. Just ordered blue braid for the gpu power leads so I can do them in black and blue. I'm busy with the internal acrylic panels at the moment. :dremel:

9. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

nice build i would go with the smokey perspex for the window well done nice build so far. I would agree with the pictures and Im sure there is a guide on the forums about the best way to take photos for build logs

10. terrierizer

My 2 year old decided to push the pc over yesterday whilst I had the fill cap removed causing serious panic but I think dissaster has been averted. On a lighter note Ive just been to look at various switches as I've decided to put a car door type light effect when the front door is opened which will shine 2 blue led's on the drive.

11. terrierizer

[​IMG]

latest delivery from specialtech

[​IMG]

acrylic panel cut and shaped ready to go over the psu

[​IMG]

blu ray drive and CM Muskateer fitted

[​IMG]

acrylic cut waiting for assembly and a decision on how I'll attach it to the drive bays

[​IMG]

I've decided to change the 45 fitting for a 90 degree on the pump

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coolermaster Mach .8 fans braided

[​IMG]

Temp probe has arrived

[​IMG]

decided on the tinted acrylic side panel, looks better now it's had all the finger marks polished off

[​IMG]

braided the gfx cables black and blue

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking good now, more pictures to come of it running.

12. Imbloodyskintagain

Imbloodyskintagain What's a Dremel?

Nice looking system mate, just my luck ive not long bought a newly built system off ebay seller (paid cash outside of ebay) only for him to screw me over. Now to decide if i can afford to buy your system off you and sell/part out the one i bought.
    (The tosser removed duel tv tuner/samsung dvd writer and never forwarded the receipts for all the new parts which he promised to do AND since then hasnt answered his home or mobile phone :( )

AND,
    Ive bloody just bought and paid for a gtx 560 ti 2gb gpu aswell (DOH!!!!)

Must admit i always fancy a watercooled quite system.

13. terrierizer

Thanks, it has turned out a lot better than I expected. I thought it may proove a bit tough for me, aren't really that patient but it has been such a pleasure to build. I'm trying to find a friend who is good with cameras as I can't get the settings right. The smoked glass panels look amazing, I'm just trying to find more places inside for a couple more.
    If you do want to buy it let me know as I'll have to sell it to fund the next project. I have 2 more already designed. I'm aiming to add more pictures tomorrow.

14. terrierizer

The blue led's are magnificent but the next build will be around my Rampage 3 board so it will be red and black

Last edited: 27 Oct 2011
  15. terrierizer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a bit of tidying up to do now. Then I will take some killer pictures.

16. terrierizer

17. Imbloodyskintagain

PM me a price mate,
    What about gaurentee's, original purchase receipts? Also How quiet is it and what temps at idle and underload Please?

Last edited: 30 Oct 2011
  18. terrierizer

I'll do that for you, I'm going to do away with the 'muskateer' and add digital temp monitoring as it's not accurate enough with the anologue display.

19. Imbloodyskintagain

ok buddy,
    I await your pm :)

20. terrierizer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Started fabricating the acrylic panel for my temp display when disaster struck, my b&q's own brand multi tool decided to die after 5 years service. If dremel want to furbish me with a replacement it would be very well apreciated.

[​IMG]