1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft confirms Windows 10 Creators Update stuttering-game bugs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 11 Sep 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Still no word on the usb stack problems that have affected every single build of Windows 10 since the first insider builds, is still forcing me to restart my machine every six hours or so or games like rocket league become unplayable.

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

And it's only taken them six months...beta OS is beta.

4. Blofeld

Blofeld What's a Dremel?

5. Vigilante

Vigilante What's a Dremel?

That's not something I've heard of, and a cursory check of the Feedback Hub doesn't show any issues matching the limited info you gave just then.

Dare I ask if you have actually reported this to Microsoft? They can't be expected to fix problems they don't know about. The major issue on feedback hub for usb drives is the recently fixed notification issue when removing them. If nobody has reported it or been able to reproduce it it's likely to be an edge case of your software/hardware config, which makes it all the more important to report since they are the hardest problems to track down and correct.

For what it's worth, if it was an issue literally affecting every Windows 10 Insider build, there would have been a lot more coverage about it. Have you tried the standard fixes of reinstalling Windows, keeping default IO drivers instead of replacing with third party ones, disabling third party controller hubs if you don't need them, ensuring your uefi is set to XHCI etc?

Tags: Add Tags