1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft to give all Xbox Live subs a free game

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 4 Jan 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I wonder if I will get this, at some point during the holiday period my gold subscription ran out and was downgraded to silver.

3. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Damn, I have too many games to play as it is! I was hoping for like a free month of XBL or something.

4. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

Jamie - you will. ALL Live users get it - Gold AND Silver. Is that why you wanted to steal my free pass? :p

5. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I just hope it's not a game I've already bought.

6. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

read as: You'll all get a free copy of a game that nobody buys in an attempt to make it seem more successful, something like Frogger or Asteroids.

7. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

So True

8. Swafeman

Swafeman Minimodder

im only on silver, tempted to blag something :D 400 or 800ms points tho i wonder?

9. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

its better than nothing, but if it was a choice between an XBLA game and xbox live membership, MS give me an extra 3 months please

10. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Rather than giving a game of MS choosing they should give everyone the points to buy a game they actually want. That way those that buy a lot of arcade games will at least be able to choose something they haven't already bought.

11. The_Pope

Sadly, that's my impression also. Though everyone in the office is hoping it's just a MS Points credit that you can spend on anything :D

12. The_Pope

Given the period of disruption it would only ever be 1 month. And they're not doing it that way anyway (8 million subscribers x £3 a month = lotta moola lost!)

13. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

How nice of them, I would like to see a choice of games, not 1 game like they did on the 5th ani.

Sam

14. Votey

Votey What's a Dremel?

1st: Carcassonne is awesome.

2nd: I really hope it isn't something dumb like Asteroids. I will not feel compensated if I am given something I don't want in exchange for something I did want (and paid for). They almost have to give us MS Points, because any XBLA game they choose will be already bought by some members, and therefore an empty gesture.

15. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

And what are you going to do if they don't abide to your expectations? Seriously, MS wouldn't have to do anything and you'd all still continue paying for it.....

I, like a lot of people, find the service to be overrated and to pay $50/year after 2 years of being deployed to me is just dumb, especially when it's filled w/ ads....

With everyone saying XBL is so reliable it just makes me laugh when I read that for 11 days the service was messed up (not everyone was affected though which I acknowledge, but still).....I'm not trying to be an XBL hater...I just feel that the service needs to be for less because if it was then people wouldn't as pissed off.....most of my friends didn't have any trouble w/ Rock Band so....

And what's up w/ free Silver accounts getting the same as paying Gold members??

I agree with Sam that they need to offer a choice of games at the least.....

16. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

I'm sorry, but am i the only one thinking this

MS must know how many Xbox's were sold over Christmas, and must know roughly what % of users sign up for Live, and should assume as its a holiday period, more people will be able to game
    So therefore, why the hell didn't they predict that there would be a huge increase in gamers online, and signup's, and that the network would need to be prepared for this?

No? OK then

17. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Reimbursement with MS points would have made more sense.

18. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

This is still bugging me as I can log on to Xbox Live now (albeit in yoyo fashion) but I can't play any new games as the updates from Xbox Live always fail. Grrr... this is so completely turning me off ever getting a 360 of my own. I've had nothing but grief with it.

Tags: Add Tags