1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Microsoft's tablet - Courier

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alastor, 23 Sep 2009.

1. alastor

alastor Minimodder

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That looks pretty swish. Not particularly purposeful for folks who don't work with it, but there we go.

3. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

this made me moist when i watched it earlier.

i've been a fan of tablets in general for quite a while now ... my poor old x41t has taken quite a beating. i use MS reader (and my library of about 14,000 SF/fantasy books) to while away the boredom at work ... my 3 year old daughter always wants "Paintbrush!" ... used it with a usb GPS dongle for a couple of years to have a 12" gps that my blind *** could actually read while driving.

i was hesitant to shell out for a new one - my biggest requirements were multi-touch, and a proper core2 processor ... the only ones that fit the bill were the stupidly expensive dell lat XT's, or the HP tx2 (with it's hit or miss craptastical screen issues, and general plastic-y nastiness) ...

this, has potential. and i'm a quite vocal Mac hater, so i didn't even bother to twitch at the mac tablet propaganda.

what worries me about this, is that it will have a pathetic little atom in it, and a horribly expensive SSD, and a quarter of the RAM it should. I really love Win7 on the tablet, especially with One Note installed. netbook specs would cripple performance to the point that it would be useless.

please, M$ ... do this right.

</rant>

Krikkit likes this.