1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Military Style On Switch

Discussion in 'Modding' started by tigermain, 28 Oct 2001.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

See.. i knew my sig would come in handy! Pre-emtive thinking!! :D

2. Penrhos

Penrhos What's a Dremel?

What about army surplus... I got some great switchgear for an RF project from Anchor Surplus in Derbyshire.
    How about using a morse key or a heavy duty double-pole switch for the on/off button.

Radio ham / CB shows are a great source for wierd switches and project boxes for modding / storing the rads in (check Am' wireless or practical wireless for the dates).

At the last one I went to I picked up a 4-bay external scsi enclosure for £3 - just what I needed to house my dual plextor 12-4-32 S / Teac CD/RW drives.

3. SmokeShank

SmokeShank What's a Dremel?

I feel sorry for the people who dont have modding gear in their area. Im from the US, and caseetc with the switches and loom is about 6 hours away from me. 5.75 for UPS ground takes 2 days from the buying date. I suggest that you talk to Cole who is CEO of caseetc and get a discount for getting a large order. He helped me out, so im sure he can cook suttin' up for ya.

Smokey

4. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

How about he cooks up some better delivery prices ;)

Welcome to the forums BTW!! :)

5. SmokeShank

LOL, thanks, i had to sign up just to post about caseetc. But you should look into getting a discount. I get the discount, but i have to order a ton of shizzle. Last one was 600 cable ties (various colors, green, blue, yellow, black.....) and 45 or so feet of split loom (also various colors). I found that getting a ton of it helps, i sell alot of cable ties around my neiborhood, but splitloom is found everywhere. Almost every store that has to do with cars has the stuff.

Smoke.

6. SmokeShank

How much do you have to pay for shipping? Mostly what ever I buy is around 6-8 USD for shipping. I can send you something in the regular mail which would cost an extra dollar about.

7. tigermain

tigermain What's a Dremel?

Cheers for filing ! the thread with unrelated stuff, but can we PLEASE get back to the point !

I have the part no's for a very similar item from demon tweaks, but it is very expensive.

Im suprised no one has got these already !!

8. SmokeShank

ok.........

9. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Chill man SmokeShank was only making a suggestion :)

As for the switch it will all ways be exspensive due to the fact that they are industrial ones.

10. SmokeShank

thx Kevo

11. Skraggy_UK

Skraggy_UK Minimodder

i shall have to have a look, but I'm sure I've seen them in the Demon Tweeks Motorsports Catalogue as Starter switches for race cars.

12. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

I think they are well in a old cataloge at least...

13. Hargle

Hargle What's a Dremel?

Eww more freaky coincidences...I went to anchor supplies army surplus on tuesday looking for switches...I presume you mean the one near the notts county ground and cattle market in nottingham penrhos? Didn't see anything I wanted though unfortunately...still a cool place though hehe.

Wacky. :D

14. Skraggy_UK

Skraggy_UK Minimodder

Somewhere I have the 2001 Catalogue. I shall try to dig it out tomorrow, if I can quote page number, part number and price they should be able to find it on their system.

15. Skraggy_UK

Skraggy_UK Minimodder

Right, from the 2001 Demon Tweeks Motorsport catalogue.

page 163 #15 red flip up switch guard (use with a momentary starter toggle switch) pn#3329 £13.52

page 163 #9 15 amp spring loaded toggle starter switch pn#4422 £9.36

page 163 #3 ignition switch with aircraft flip cover (not sure if it's a momentary starter switch, or an ignition system on switch) pn#4547 £16.31 (might be useful for a second AT PSU for your fans.)

Any use?

If you phone DTs and quote the catalogue, Page number, and part number, they can useually find the part on the system (or anything newer that they might have in).

Demon Tweeks sales line: 01978 664467

16. Skraggy_UK

Skraggy_UK Minimodder

Bumpage for who ever needed this style of switch

17. mav

mav What's a Dremel?

kane what's your email m8? want to talk about some nitros modding on my civic :D

drop me a mail sometime!

o.baker@ex.ac.uk

cheers!!

18. Lordflash

Lordflash What's a Dremel?

Careful with the nitrus im on me 3rd engine now

1st one dided cos i compleatly grenaded it (IE to much nitrus and pressure OOPS).

2nd Was flat out at 140 and it went bang big time (Air field i dont pretend to drive like that on the road).

Goog luck with the project if you need any advice or any help with installing it im sure i could point you in the right direction. Also check with your insurance companies as they now actualy do check to see if you have this wonderful gas fitted if you write it off.

19. Skraggy_UK

Skraggy_UK Minimodder

hey May, have a look atBurgermans nitrous site .

How to build Nitrous kits for Car and Bike from £60 DIY

20. mad4it

mad4it Know it all.

I NEED NEED NEED 1 of those switches but i thought if u could find the cover on its own could u find a 3 postion switch to put into it? so u could tap up to turn on and tap down to reset? ud probabbly need some disodes cause the only ones i know of are 3 pin. So if u can find a cover and an appropriate switch plz point me in the right direction. THANX :D