1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Mobile gaming round-up

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 24 Mar 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Godus is lovely if you can ignore the ads. Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes is greatly playable with a lot of content available... Think of it as Hearthstone without the cards.... And all f2p/ p2p

Terraria just had a major update where the largest world available is the same as the PC small world which is no mean feat for mobile and the RAM available to fit everything in... Well worthy of the (I think) 2.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. itrush07

itrush07 Minimodder

I'm beginning to love clash royale.. hope to enjoy it while it's still available to play for free.. hahaha...

4. Hazchem

Hazchem Minimodder

All of the links are to the iTunes store. Not exactly terribly useful for Android users, which, I would have thought, are more numerous on Bit-Tech than iPhone users.

5. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

It's good to see an article on this that is mostly not full of the games infested by IAPs but I was a little surprised by the absence of the mobile port of Xcom or Osmosis not being in the article? Also Hitman Go is a nice little mobile puzzle game, nicely put together.

I tried the mobile version of Sim City but it's horribly gated by in-app purchase time walls that ruins what would be otherwise be a cool mobile city builder.

Frankly i'd rather pay for a complete game and play it properly, I find most mobile games very poor as a direct result of the focus on rinsing the IAP's.

6. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

Hey! I didn't put Xcom in because i really think it's better on the PC still. Osmosis I shamefully haven't played, but I think i'll do another mobile round up in six months or so. The nature of lists always means you leave out some classics, but yeah, i did feel strongly about avoiding any games powered by IAP.

Hitman Go should have been in there (i've been told a lot on social media) but i shamefully haven't played that or Lara Croft Go yet. Those will be next I think.

7. NetSphere

NetSphere What's a Dremel?

Prune is available on the current mobile humble bundle (ending March 4th).

I really liked Sorcery series (no3 also on the bundle). It had good replayability if you wanted to change your choices (or avoid failing) you could do so reasonably easily.

8. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Plants vs Zombies 2 is a blast, and I love Star Wars Galaxy Of Heroes :)

9. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

'Mobile Gaming round-up' and ONLY feature iOS games? Some 'round-up'.

Still waiting for the improvements promised to the articles and reviews... So much out there in the PC world to expand and explore and Bit-Tech seems stuck in a repetitive loop.

10. rollo

rollo Modder

Andriod does not have as big a selection of paid for titles. free to play titles on both systems that are true free to play are few and far between. Thats the Nature of Andriod in a way developers appeal for different markets.

IOS users pay more for there Apps hence its a better market to target.

Star Wars galaxy of Heros is good and is truly free to play if a bit time consuming. Requires at least 30-45mins a day.

Some Mobile games like Xcom whilst great titles do not play well on a smartphone. Even on the Iphone 6+ it still feels too small. On a Ipad the results are alot different for that game.

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Last edited: 27 Mar 2016
  12. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Super Hexagon works great on mobile, as does McPixel.

I've also played a lot or Carmageddon and am about to start Grim Fandango.

13. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

What promises?

Also, I did specify at the top it'd be just iOS games. Honestly because I've only played them on iOS devices and I'd rather not advocate for something i've not played personally. Android games run so differently on phone to phone it's nice just to recommend a game and it work. Anything from a iPhone 5 or newer will play all of these games without fuss which is nice compared to the different types of android phone.

I'm enjoying a lot of these suggestions. Might have to revisit the list with another list of games in a month or two at this rate!

14. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

Vain Glory anyone?

User: Davadin.

15. Xir

Xir Modder

Of course you state it's just an I-Device comparison.

At least here in Germany, Idevices make up a mere ~15% of the market, the rest of Europe won't be far off this level.

Well, an iphone 5 or newer...consider the value of those, and use comparably pricey (read: top-end) androids.

No use comparing a 300+€ iphone 5 or newer with a 80€ chinese android :D

16. techsar

techsar What's a Dremel?

Prune is smth worth trying from the list, like the idea.

17. rollo

rollo Modder

iPhone 5 is 3 years out of date, and closer to 4 in tech terms.( was the last IPhone released in July period) If a cheap phone can't compete versus a phone that's specs are now not even entry level they are doing something very wrong. The fact all these titles play on it is quiet a feat really. The Asus phone which is dirt cheap has better specs.

Comparing market share is nearly irelivent, App Store purchases show that if you want cash as a developer you develop for Apple first then Andriod after if ever. The amount of people buying apps on android are all using the €300 + phones.

Samsungs struggles have shown that the market for high end Andriod has hit a saturation point where even they are struggling.

Tags: Add Tags