1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Mornington Crescent

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave Penguin, 22 May 2008.

1. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

I think he meant, like, sport.
    It isn't a real sport, no more than darts!

I'm still at Covent Garden, can't move until the sun has set though.

2. mooseguy

mooseguy Crazy Moose

I was under that impression :geek:

Knight to C4, meaning that under the example set by none other than the great Hubert Nameerf during the 1952 world final, I am perfectly within my rights to leave Covent Garden and head towards Lambert North through the invocation of the Orion Conjecture. Chapter 7, paragraph 11.2b of the Appendix to the offical Rules if you need to check yourself. Meaning that, next player, you're a 13.2. I am sorry.

3. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

I'll take the baton over to Edgware.

Invoking rule 26 of Becker (1967 revision) I'll take 7 from here and sit tight for a while. Watch out whoever is on the left, I've got a second extra red deck now!

4. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

This is a real game. Wikipedia is lying to you

Onto the game...

As my singularity move was shown up as a non-move, I guess the only option I have is to go with my roll of 4 and use the black card and go to Camden Town.

Alas! The proxy card shows up as sleeping on the wrong train and ending up in Walthamstow Central.

Apparently I'm stuck here for two turns aswell :(

5. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Wiki is notoriously unreliable when it comes to the game honestly taking tips from it is like taking political advice or holiday destination advice from /b/. Speaking of which its after 2200 bst and since no one said we we're on the Chamberlain revision: Westminster.

6. K

K 528491

You're kidding? Circle Line rotational during the next eight turns for me. That was sneaky as hell but I'll try and roll a double to reversal this misfortune.

7. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Using Trumpington's Variations and the rules used during World War II, I have moved to Buckingham Palace and have acquired an ace of spades.

8. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

Trumpington's Variation? Or Trumpington's Version?
    Sound the same, 2 very different things.

If it is the former, the one you are trying to play, then the Ace of Spades cannot be acquired within the Vicinity of Buckingham Palace (no Ace can in fact, only numbers 1 through 7 of all suits, 8 and 9 of reds then 10 to K of all suits again) not that it matters as it generally gives you no advantage.
    Just look at the 1867, 1888 and 1923 finals, all of which ended 2 moves after Trumpington's Variation was brought in... by the loser!

Trumpington's version, however, uses the Ace bonus near the Palace but only if a royal is home.

Sorry to go on but it was important, didn't want the game to be played wrong now did we!?

Anyway, I was at Covent Garden... not got much of a choice at the moment so I can head to Bond Street pretty safely.

9. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Ah, Bond Street.

That places me on a table, arms akimbo, looking rather worriedly at a pair of tights dangling from the ceiling fan, in a bar in Bethnal Green.

Oh deary me. Unless I roll a Scandinavian Tree Ferret next turn, I'm all out.

10. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Anyone got two queegs that they want to swap for a mocha? Could do with it to progress...

11. steveo_mcg

I'll do you a Dave, a Queeg and a Holly should be enough. Could do with an Espresso though as i'm still languishing here.

12. Twellmann

Twellmann Carnivorous Homunculus

[​IMG]

I'm all out of 2-pence, quick, someone call the Norwegians. Last I saw them was, to my surprise, in a fjord!!!11

13. steveo_mcg

Interesting play, not sure i've seen a Snorlax wild or other wise played in any form of competitive play, new amendment to the rule set?

14. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Hmm best I have ago,

I too start off at oval, however align south. Toss my lucky coin and score a head and tail which allows for a trump card to be pulled off the wall in the nearest telephone box.

This trump card instantly assigns me a Sinclair Executive pocket calculator and the required information on how to divide zero by zero.

Upon doing so I am transported through every point in the universe, however end up at Camden town heading north.

If you do pass via Mornington Crescent, could you look after my briefcase and the small puppy I appeared to have left there, lord knows where i found them, but my prized calculator appears to have turned into a blue whale currently blocking all east bound traffic on embankment.

15. kenco_uk

Well, what an adventure. 9 months on the back of a llama crossing Tower Bridge with only an umbrella for company.

The only thing that'll help me out of this fix is rule 54 from Leamington Squizzet's Very Forthcoming Edition 2. Yes, the one that includes the fish heads, a bamboo pole and several trombone players.

16. ulfar

ulfar holy s**t, i can change this?

just read the whole thread (... ...)
    this game reminds me of the vogon game "freddled gruntbuggly", though in the vogon version the rounds last for decades.
    perhaps it is described best as a poem:

17. kenco_uk

Try as I might (and I've been burning a very long candle at both ends perched on a very big drum of oil as black as the dead of night) I cannot find evidence of your playing style in any rulebook published in this solar system.

There is hint of a foonting in Swervebody's Law of Chairlegs III, Chapter 1 but no mention of dromes, turling or otherwise.

18. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

this reminds me of the match between Clingfish Peabody and Meryl Mcmanus back in '78, oh how it did make me chuckle.

I play my Worthington token with an Apple Wicket twist-on, that'll put it up them :thumb:

19. kenco_uk

I would throw a fibber, but they've all disappeared. After brushing ash off my map, I choose to go back to a better time, a time of innocence and laughter. Yes, I'm off to Grange Hill.

20. CDomville

CDomville ^ I am THIS Possum

From Grange Hill, i decided that it was best to avoid the Central areas of London given the recent looting, as this infringes the Political Event Regulations of 1823, and decide, further more, to head defensively toward Barking station to avoid going south of the river on the right hand side of the hour.