1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

N+1 is the bikers expression for the perfect number of bikes to own, also known as the happiness equation.

Shadow's ain't to bed in the snow either.
    [​IMG]

2. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

That looks reasonable. It's a torque-rich V-twin so easy to ride, and isn't crazy powerful despite the engine displacement. As long as you're gentle letting the throttle out as you get used to it, you'll be fine.

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Also applies to bicycles :).

4. Xir

Xir Modder

There's always room for just one more (+1) bike in your collection (N) :D
    (even if N=1):naughty:

5. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Settled on getting a Moto Guzzi V7. Would also like a Yamaha XSR700 but the insurance in my area is ludicrous (£1100!)

6. RTT

RTT #parp

KTM invited me (via GQ Magazine) to go riding in the Alps on a 1290 Superduke GT, and then ride it all the way back to the UK via Italy, Austria and Switzerland.

A good time was had
    (understatement of the year)
    . Amazing roads and the bike's just mind blowingly good. All the toys, all the power, all the noise noise, and plenty of luggage capacity for going at warp speed through country after country :cooldude:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bdigital likes this.
  7. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

You lucky Bar Sterward!!

Dat road..... :jawdrop:

8. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I'm also looking at getting my first bike at 38 years old... Oddly, the wife is quite OK with it! I think she must have checked my life insurance policy...

Anyway, I'm torn between the Triumph Speedmaster or the Honda VT750 Shadow C2 Spirit....

CBT and Theory done, modules coming up later this month then it's bike time.

Oddly, even as a new rider with zero no claims, an insurance quote for either of the above bikes didn't exceed £200!! This REALLY surprised me.

9. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Stick Standard Learning Credits in for the tests and lessons! :thumb:

10. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

You know, I didn't even think about using my SLCs!! Haha! What a great idea!!!

11. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I'm riding a Mutt Mongrel at the moment in preparation for my Mod 1 and Mod 2. Hadn't ridden a bike for years, and I'd forgotten how much fun it is...

...and it's now at the bloody workshop as the battery decided to wee its contents all over one side of the bike, making a mess of lots of things in the process. Gawd bless a warranty...

Last edited: 20 Jun 2017
  12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Got my Mod 1 & Mod 2 booked & paid for today, really looking forward to it. Not looking forward to going from a 125cc bike to a 650cc bike though, that'll take a bit of getting used to!

Going to be a while though; I start a new job soon, so I don't want to start booking holidays the very first day I'm there!

13. Xir

Xir Modder

I'm switching to inner city daily commuting soon....
    Anyone test a Yamaha Tricity 125 vs. any Honda Cub 125? (Wave, Innova...the likes)

Reason for the threewheeler is, we do get winter over here, and this city has a lot of cobblestones and tramrails. :D

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Amazing! Did quite well at the Pikes Peak as well, check out 9:28 for a proper moment!

15. RTT

RTT #parp

Indeed :D Awesome bikes!

16. jinq-sea

In the process of returning the Mutt Mongrel 125 I so dearly enjoyed. It's utter horse-dung. Crap electrics, mostly. Still - had my practice. Get that Mod1 and Mod2 booked and I might just buy an Africa Twin or a SuperAdventure!

17. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

That's the peril of Chinese-built motorcycles: cheap (cheaper than second-hand sometimes), look shiny, but after a while the cheese they are made of melts and you're left with a lemon. They're getting better than they used to be, but mainly that's the cheese taking longer to melt.

18. jinq-sea

This one was actually built in Brum (www.muttmotorcycles.co.uk) but yes it's made of cheese. The electronics? Utter utter garbage. Ah well, I've basically swapped it for a '16 CBR125 so that'll be fun for a bit.

19. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

It may have been bolted together and had some bling work here but it was built in China, Jinan Qingqi Motorcycle Co if I remember correctly

20. jinq-sea

Well there we go - thanks for the info! Built in the UK my ass. It's rejected and I'm awaiting a refund anyway. Never seen anything of such bad quality...!