1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding My idea for a super modded case

Discussion in 'Modding' started by kiltman, 18 Jul 2002.

1. kiltman

kiltman Victory is Mine!!

hey all, just giving my idea for what i would believe would be the super modded case,

a large tower such as the Black Scorpio TA-10BD, with custom laser cut window on the side, shaped as a dragon, and the beast cut out too both with perspex backing behind, with blue cathode light on top of the window for that cool glow, front intake fan, rear exhaust fan, custom built fan/bay bus (friends a electricion),handle on top of case with 2 small fans underneath it, also i wanted to add a remote control device like you have in your car for central locking, this would be to turn on and restart the computer, is this possible? this will be my first mod project, i think the hardest part will be getting the dragon cut :dude:

2. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

it all sounds good :D

you want to try and get some smoked black plexi to put behind the dragon you cut out as then it will look a lot better as when the lights are off you won't be able to see into the pc but when you turn the lights on it will look very cool.

Also i would go with more than one cathode maybe of a different colour and put them at opposing sides of the case as then the different coloured light meets in the middle and blends together.

Welcome to the forums. :D

3. kiltman

cheers, i was thinking on something like that for the cathodes, i had this stupid idea of having a cathode with one colour at one side blending into another colour at another side lol, think i been using the linaer control in flash too much, i wasnt sure what type of plexi i was gonna use, but when i think about ur idea, the picture in my head looks cool :p

4. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

if you can't get smoked plexi then you can use normal plexi with auto tint film on which can be purchased from halfords.

5. kiltman

ohh i seen that stuff before lol, it's handy for putting on the side windows on your car so no one can see in when yer behaving with the gf :D, the only pain in the arse for me is that i stay about 40 miles from the nearest city that has any decent shops, if i need any gagets for anything im going to wait till im back to college and get them from the electrician tutor for free lol, why pay when you have contacts i say

6. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

As for the car alarm idea it's perfectly possible, you'll need to make sure the 12v standby from your PSU is adequate to power your car alarm, most come with a 9v backup nowardays anyway, then all you'd have to do Is wire your central locking pulse out to a relay connected to your on header, then most kit car alarms nowardays come with an extra button on the fob for a channel out that can also be connected via relay to your reset switch. The extra benefit of the alarm system too is when you lock or "arm" the pc it can become parent or sibling proof which is handy.. also depending on the type of kit alarm you buy some come with a relay that acts as an imobiliser so you can isolate the cases power and reset switches when the case is armed. Once you disarm the case the swithces can be used as n0rmal... hope it helps...

An alarm that has all these features is a Wolff Alarm Excalibur, retails at about £90, £40 trade price. :0

Details can be found at www.fuzzyjuice.co.uk (A friends site, but he no longer sells them) and they can be bought from www.machine7.co.uk

or you could try your local store (for local people) you want an alarm with the following features...

• Central Locking Pulse
    • External Channel Output (Sometimes called a Trunk Release)
    • Simplr Relay Immobilisation
      [/list=a]

Hope this helps :D

If you need any help for the alarm wiring e-mail me aberjipo@hotmail.com it'll give me something to do.. :D

Last edited: 18 Jul 2002
  7. banished

banished Necromodder

I have seen the car remote idea done on the koreamod site. Can't read Korean, so I couldn't tell you how he did it, but it has been done.

8. Raven

Raven What's a Dremel?

Sounds like it will look great... hope you plan on using fan guards for the two little fans under the handle... or else your next post will be "I modded my fingers" hehe.

I like the idea of the smoked glass, or maybe some colored tinting from your local car shop. Something like a red...

The car alarm would just be awesome, just make sure your neighbour doesn't have the same one or your computer might shutdown in the middle of your errmmm games... hehe

9. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

10. Annon

Annon What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know of a US distributor for this product?

I looked for about 15 min. on Google, but had no luck.

11. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

12. kiltman

that is exactly what im looking for :D, i asked my dad if i could extract the one from his car i got a polite f**k off and don't be stupid, ohh well can't blame me for trying lol, anyone wouldn't know any uk sites with something like this? i looked on a few sites but then i had to go to work, i hate having to work, when im rich i wont have to so till then i better keep working lol,

13. Annon

Annon What's a Dremel?

I have sent an e-mail. Now all that is left is to see if they reply.

14. kiltman

let us know if you get a reply mate, i'd def be interested for sure and im sure others would be too, i'm going to a computer fair in a few weeks there, it should be quite interesting enver been to one before, see how it goes :D

15. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Dream case

to be honest , I just read the first post (the thread , and overlooked the rest a bit fast ...)

cuz ... the words dream case ...

made me think of my dream case ... and I began drewling... and picturing it in my thoughts ...

A lian li pc-60 ... with a blue LCD (2 7inch bay's)
    a Stealh cd rom writer(the cd-rom cut out of the bay cover)
    a stealth dvd

and in the 3.5inch bay's .. a Fan controll unit .. (for 3 extra fan's .. (with 2 speeds) and a IR receiver and a diskett drive (also stealth)

and BLUE LED's

and a nice bit-tech ... uhm "sticker" on it .. (like u have from pentium and crap like that)

-drewl drewl-

oh , and a 17" LCD screen , with a aluminium (same color as the front of the case) , square around the screen , with blue leds in it to see hard drive/PC/CD rom activity

isnt there anyone out there who would sponser me ? .. I would make a article about every mod I'd do with it ...

hugh ?

guess not .... but it was worth a shot

16. Yammosk

Yammosk What's a Dremel?

Any one know where there is Schematics On this Remote Controll Power and reset think cos $77 seems a little steep for that geez an imobalizer for a car costs less than that and comes with 2 remotes

Plus i bet it can be made rather cheap aswell

Yammosk

17. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

I saw a kit in Maplins in Chester that does the car alarm thing. Maybe check the site? I'm sure they were going for £15...

18. LaPPe

LaPPe What's a Dremel?

I recently bought 2 sets of the remotes from Just Cooler and I must say that I was very pleased with the service. He quickly faxed me the wiring info and I wired him the money. And not long after I had my remotes...

So even though you don't have a distributor in your country you can buy it directly from him...

btw. I live in a concrete building and I can turn on my computer 50 meters away from the building!

Last edited: 19 Jul 2002
  19. Annon

Annon What's a Dremel?

I just got a reply from the e-mail I sent to them:

"Hi Michael :

I'm sorry there's no distributors for RC-168 in USA.

Best regards,

Jessica

ˆø—p Michael Curtis <twiggy_ok@hotmail.com>:

> Are there any US distributors for the RC-168 detailed here?
    > "

Did you have to build the controller board or did it come with the one's you ordered? How much did it run? Who should I contact?

20. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Yeah i think it was, didn't we comment on them thinking it would be a pretty cool idea?

Just taking a peek at the Maplin C3 catalogue I got here in work, this is a pretty cool idea if you own a FTP server and want re-boot, a bit of tinkering with the circuit and a serial port you could even phone in to check that there's still a connection, or weather its locked etc... hmm.. Maplin Code - VY04E - www.maplin.co.uk