1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other My new job

Discussion in 'General' started by Tec_, 15 Jan 2011.

1. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

hi gang!

i finished my first week on the job and i thought id give you a look at what im working with.

LASERS!!!!
    this is a laser that is entering a fiberlight box ware it is shifted in to two greens, two blues, and two violates. one set is shifted and the other is not. it is coupled in to a probe
    [​IMG]

this is the probe ware we are using a humidifier to find ware the beams cross so we can focus our receiver on it.
    [​IMG]

this is the whole set up with the probe, receiver, humidifier, droplets, and spray we use to run the experiments and calibrate the equipment.
    [​IMG]

one of the guys focusing the receiver
    [​IMG]

me trying to take a pic of the beam crossing through the view finder
    [​IMG]

me trying to take a pic of the beam crossing through the view finder
    [​IMG]

a stream of drops that we are able to control the freq of that passes through the crossing of the beams.
    [​IMG]

with our equipment pictured we are able to measure with in one micron the the particle. im still learning all the things our equipment is capable of but i am having a blast and learning new things every day.

i should mention we build and maintain imaging equipment for use in fluid dynamics

2. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Fun, lasers!! Congrats on the new job. ;)

3. kylesaisgone

kylesaisgone What's a Dremel?

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Hope there are no trade secrets here :thumb:

5. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

thanks!

soon.............. soon

nothing you couldn't find on our web site

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this is why I'm studying cool things rather than being everyone's bitch as a tech support employee

This looks like a cool job. I can only hope I will also do something I love some day ;)

7. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

i put my time in on a help desk, pulling cat-5, and then worked my way up to repairing two way radios and then i got to my new job. i would love to stay at this job for some time but would be excited to see what comes next.