1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors New car time

Discussion in 'General' started by nimbu, 14 Dec 2005.

1. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Ok my s3 is comming up to three years old, and im getting the itch to change. Id wait for the new RS3 but i hear its a while off as is the s3 convertable.

Im after a coupe or a covertable. Id prefer new, and am a big fan of creature comforts like heated seats Xenons etc etc.

Got between 35k-40k to spend. (that includes part ex/floggin my car)

Anyone got any suggestions ideas?

I dont like BMWs, Ive found the foot wells on the 3 series are not wide enough. Atm im looking at the new slk's from merc. either the 280 with some options, or the 350 bare.

2. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

new slks are pretty nice, and good fun to drive, but would you be looking to get a manual one, which will be a bit more pricey iirc, as most mercs these days are automatics (roughly 85% of the every car made...)

3. RepLiKa

RepLiKa What's a Dremel?

RS6 or RS4!!!!

4. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

id love and rs4/6 but cant stretch the budget that far...... looved at an s4, and can come into the budget, however for some strange reason ive had the bug to buy a convertable.

I looked into the slk about a year ago, drove a auto 200, and was too boring tbh.

From the research i had done at the time, people had been raving about the manual gearbox, however not one dealership in the UK had ordered a manual either demo or for customers.

However there seems to be loads on manuals out there. In fact ive found a dealership that has a 2nd hand manual 350 wityh the exact speck im looking for, so gonna get my car cleaned up and go test it out. I only hope the wait ties have come down or they have a similar new one in stock. Last year the wait time was over 16 weeks.

5. RepLiKa

RepLiKa What's a Dremel?

35-40k you could get the new'ish model RS4 and RS6!!?? cmon you know you want twin turbo v8 power!

Tags: