1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New iPhone to feature 3D graphics chip?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Jun 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

I wouldn't say Apple had announced it :eyebrow:

3. GFC

GFC What's a Dremel?

Yes, but will it be able to play Crysis?

4. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Isn't this going to create confusion - with two tiers of hardware capability, we'll have App Store games that can only run on the new hardware. I guess the App Store could easily detect if you are using an older device and filter out apps that won't work due to the lack of the new chip, but it strikes me as odd. Not that I'm complaining as I've been holding out to see what the new iPhone delivers.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

just wait until 6pm BST Monday to see.

these rumour "leaks" by Apple are pure gimmick, just ways to get more publicity.

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Whoops - fixed. :blush:

7. I-E-D

I-E-D Minimodder

Now that would be cool, apart from not having any of the buttons. I thought computer components were changing too quickly, what about the Iphone?

8. mjm25

mjm25 What's a Dremel?

I think GFC might have just died inside as someone missed his sarcastic irony :D

9. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

It'd be interesting to see the iPhone become such a wide-reaching platform. A seperate piece of the AppStore dedicated to games would be nice though, the current AppStore can be a real pain to find good stuff on, especially Free ones.

10. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

i think they should just drop the "phone" part and rather create a pure gaming system out of that hardware if that's the case,lol

11. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

They did, it's called the iPod Touch.. lol :lol:

12. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

:lol:

phone contract expired at perfect time. sold phone and ipod touch, have about £320 - worked out perfect! new iphone here i come :)

(assuming it's actually decent, that is. otherwise may have to get something else :-/)

13. pimlicosound

pimlicosound What's a Dremel?

Typo in the first sentence: "Apple is prepating to unveil a new iPhone model..."

14. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I've got a 1st gen iPod Touch and despite getting soaked in coffee (a few days ontop of a hot tumble dryer fixed that) I think it's a pretty slick platform for games. I'd love it if you could get the back catalogue of Lucasarts point and click adventures (minus the clicks of course) but the talk of new 3D graphics would mean that I won't have access to the new 3rd gen iPhone/touch games?

How will the current devices fair? are Apple forcing users to update too quickly?

15. riggs

riggs ^_^

Hmmm, I wonder if Carphone Whorehouse will offer the same upgrade deal as they did when the 3G came out (ie, free phone providing you sign up for a further 18 months)?
    I could do with a new one to be honest; my 3G hasn't had much love...totally accidental though. There's a chip on the bottom, the case is coming apart and the dust underneath the screen is really ****ing me off!

As for the new rumored features...er...great! Although I'd prefer to see better battery life, video recording, > 3MP camera and proper Bluetooth file sharing (which every other phone on the market already has!)

16. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'll wait for the iPhone 2, then grab a 3G for almost nothing.

Tags: Add Tags