1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no audio

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by B-Con, 13 Nov 2004.

1. B-Con

B-Con What's a Dremel?

I was having audio problems not long ago.... my audio setup would churn along working fine and then all of a sudden cut out for no reason. I'd then switch to the other sound card (I have a Sound Blaster and an integrated) and all would be well.... all together this happened maybe 4 or 5 times over about 9 months....

then for some reason, recenlty my sound cut out again, but reinstalling either driver wouldn't work, no matter what I did I couldn't get a peep out of my speakers (which I tested and yes, they do work)....

Then, I recently installed another mobo on my computer and reinstalled Windows fresh, I figured that a fresh start would fix my audio problem, but it didn't.... neither my integrated audio or my Sound Blaster card will work, and I've installed the drivers for both multiple times....

What could possibly be wrong? My speakers are OK, and I find it hard to believe that my old integrated, my Sound Blaster, and my current integrated sound cards all blew simotaniously.... :eyebrow:

2. epidemik

epidemik What's a Dremel?

hrm well if you have tried all that i think that might be a minor problem.
    all audio jumpers have been set correctly? and the soundcard is fully sitting correctly on the motherboard?

later .

3. B-Con

B-Con What's a Dremel?

never heard of audio jumpers.... yeah, the card's in fully....

4. epidemik

epidemik What's a Dremel?

got warranty by any chance?

edit*

are you from ht? :idea:

5. B-Con

B-Con What's a Dremel?

a warrenty for what? my problem is that I can't even isolate the problem.... :grr:

yeah I am.... I assume you are too? homie :D

I recognized your avatar the moment I saw it, but didn't think much of it because I've seen so many avatars recycled.... what's your handle over there?

Last edited: 14 Nov 2004