1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News No Pentiums on Bearlake?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 27 Mar 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

this is just evolution surely.

My AM2 platform is gonna be about as good as a plate of cold chips once AM2+ and even AM3 come into play. Intel users have been able to swap and change mobo and CPU on the 775 platform for AGES - about time it got updated to exclude the chaff (netburst/celeron D)

3. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Would make more sense as "...the Pentium Netburst CPU range by not officially certifying..."
    Needs a space

Actually I think this is a good move by Intel - the sooner they drop the old chips and move C2D chips into all ranges the better.

4. David_Fitzy

David_Fitzy I modded a keyboard once....

As for forcing processor upgrades I suspect most people upgrading to Bearlake will be buying with a core 2 anyway. Celeryon seems a waste on Bearlake.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Cheers, I've completely re-written the tag line. I brain dumped into it and forgot to edit it when the article was being changed.

6. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

not certified doesn't mean it won't work.. I mean intell never certified the IBM586 chips that ran at 120mhz on an intell mobo in the 486 days and they still worked :) (speed deamons :D )

7. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

These motherboards/chipsets going to be suporting the new 45nm tech CPU's then?

Sam

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yup. 1333FSB and 45nm.

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Beerlake? I AM IN!!!!
    it is about time they streamlined the platform and killed netburst for good.

Tags: Add Tags