1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Novint signs deal with EA Sports

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 18 Apr 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Xir

Xir Modder

"...until you've tried it in a shooter and directly felt the recoil of firing in-game guns."

Like...as a force feedback joystick has been doing for over half a decade? It's fun! but terribly inprecise ;-)

3. Jar of Almonds

Jar of Almonds What's a Dremel?

I won't lie, I find the falcon interesting. Again I would be worried about support from other developers that EA hasn't managed to devour yet. It would be especially nice to see compatibility for non-game applications, I imagine this might be quite useful for 3D modelling, CAD work. I still use my nostromo n50 for my programming and circuit analysis programs.

If it is sold for a reasonable price I would seriously consider trying it out.

4. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

How about a lack of support of the wrist? I can imagine it's to get tiring/uncomfortable to use pretty quickly.

5. xviperx

xviperx What's a Dremel?

Xir, trust me, the Falcon has nothing to do with a force feedback joystick. You will not believe how precise it is, absolutely mindblowing! My biggest problem is, eversince I have it my kids don´t use their Wii and PS3 anymore and I have to fight with them to use the Falcon.
    You can not believe it until you tried it.
    Read the articles that have been written about it, e.g. PC Magazine: This beautifully crafted controller provides a uniquely immersive gaming experience. The Novint Falcon is more advanced than any gaming peripheral on the market, period.
    MTV: Forget traditional controllers... or a mouse... or a joystick. Meet the Falcon. It's brand new kind of game controller for the PC... basically, it's a small robot that lets you feel hi-fi 3D force feedback. Great for the gamer who wants to actually feel the game they're playing.
    Computer Gaming World: BEST. PERIPHERAL. EVER. Forget Nintendo’s Wii-mote; Novint Technologies’ Falcon is a three-dimensional controller that adds a whole new layer to gaming.
    Popular Mechanics: Novint Falcon Haptics Controller Could Be Wii 2.0. Playing with the Novint Falcon feels like nothing you've tried before.
    IGN: The Half Life 2 experience with the Falcon is arguably worth the price of admission in and of itself. The Falcon hardware is certainly capable of ushering in an entirely new style of videogaming well beyond recent innovations built upon the Nintendo Wii's controller.
    and of course most important:
    BIT-TECH.net: It takes force feedback to its natural evolution and is pretty much a revolution in terms of gameplay.... Is it the coolest peripheral we’ve ever had our hands on? Undoubtedly and, although the comparison has probably been used before and is a bit unfair to start with, the Novint puts the Wiimote to shame in many regards.

6. jfab199+

jfab199+ What's a Dremel?

xviperx it sounds like you work for them :)

7. Dunc01

Dunc01 What's a Dremel?

I just watched some of the video on YouTube and all I can say is COOL - I want one!

8. Xir

Xir Modder

Looks to me as if you hold your arm over the desk, I can't imagine it giving you a precise aim.

Tags: Add Tags