1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

It's a trap!

[​IMG]

an impressive one however...

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Of course it is when you can see on first sight that the girl has more paint than my wall :D. Also keep in mind that most of the shots on frames 1/2 are in bad light conditions, meanwhile frames 3/4 are studio lights, which makes some of the initial shots worse than they really are.

3. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

but i bet most of them girls want a ''genuine'' guy >_<

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

It's funny but worrying when you and you mates can take bets on who's wearing more make-up the guys or the girls...

I often wonder if some of them would melt like the witch from wizard of oz if you splashed them with make-up remover...

5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

It's all trickery, makeup and padded bras should be banned. :)

In other news from a while ago:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 3 Nov 2014
  6. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

7. sjamppo

sjamppo Minimodder

Captain?

On the birds with plaster subject: Those look like **** in the first picture, but horrible in the last as well. Those eyes! :eyebrow:

I think they can do a better job: Plaster them with yoghurt or somethin'. Always looks good.

8. loftie

loftie Multimodder

[​IMG]

Makes me sad.

9. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I'm sure Porkins' Wingman would happily oblige ;)

10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

:eyebrow:

11. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

It's been a while since I got linked to any yoghurt references, I was beginning to fear I was losing my aura of depravity. Balance is now restored.

12. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Apparently only just the beginning. Since Shingeki no Kyojin is one of the most commercially successful anime in years, everybody wants to cash in on it.

You know what's sadder? It only became popular due to being an anime, i was reading the manga when it was still obscure.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

tbh i thought it was OK but I've seen far far better examples of the medium. I think the reason for its success is because of just how stagnant Anime has become in the past 10 years.

14. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I'm hoping it's done as a spin off, or something that doesn't affect the main story in any way. I like Marvel, and I like Attack on Titan, but I don't want them to mix.

Edit: Throw a few names up Gunsmith, I'm always on the look out for new stuff to watch :)

15. Darkwisdom

Sigh, I believe you're right. Anime has become incredibly uninspired for the last few years at least. The only notable show has been Kill La Kill, for it's style and only because it was made by the same guys as Gurren Lagann. I'm a big manga fan, all of the big shonen jump manga and obscure, less well known ones.

16. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Psycho Pass, Unlimited Blade Works and Akame ga Kill are upping the ante.

But yes, I was reading SnK before it got adapted too and I was kinda surprised at how popular the anime became.

Edit: I didn't watch Kill la kill, but from what I've heard it's a bit overhyped.

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Patlabor:
    my go to series for when I'm having a bad day, I don't think there is a single episode I haven't laughed at and made by some of the greatest minds in the medium.

Gundam 0080: War in the pocket:
    helps if you have a little understanding of the Universal Century series but it'll leave you feeling quite uncomfortable at the end.

Gurren Lagaan:
    Classic plot escalation with the dial turned to 11

FLCL:
    Madness

Full Metal Panic:
    feel good comedy with some mecha in it, takes a serious turn halfway in but the silliness resumes in the spin off Fumoffu series.

Last Exile:
    really nice steampunk series focusing on two warring nations that use airships.

Bubblegum Crisis:
    cyperpunk classic from the 80's, was supposed to be 12 parts long but got cut at 8 due to artmic and youmex having a massive falling out. some unresolved plot lines leave it open to speculation; has quite a cult following.

Ah! My goddess:
    most notable of the magical girlfriend series, guy goes to order pizza and accidentally calls heaven, when offered a wish he jokingly asks that the voice on the end of the phone become his girlfriend. Boom.

Nuku Nuku:
    not your typical divorced parental spat.

You're under arrest:
    Kōsuke Fujishima's police station drama where the most threatening thing being dealt with are speeders and lost kittens and where the hottest women there is actually a man. nice feel good show.

18. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I haven't seen any of those; I'm definitely the scourge killing the industry, lol.

I'd add to that list Outlaw Star and Battleship Yamato. (And no GITS, Gunsmith?)

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

outlaw star is awful, yamato has so many renditions i dont know which one to recommend and gits didnt sit with me probable because i ****ing loathe shirow's work. anyone who says trigun is a good series needs clubbing to death.

20. Darkwisdom

Loved FLCL, they don't make them that way anymore.

Full Metal panic too.

Most anime is pretty meh though. Reusing the same tired old plot devices and utilizing ecchi characters and fan-service to uplift a mediocre or just plain awful anime. Without the fanservice, Highschool of the Dead would be another mediocre zombie show, because it is, and it's crap.

I agree outlaw star was awful. Overhyped, the only reason people seemed to like it was that it was one of those few anime shown on terrestrial television when we were young. Bad plot and cliche characters.

And trigun was an excellent manga and so was Gungrave; the anime were not. If they were to make a new anime, it would have to be of his latest work, Blood Blockade Battlefront which I think is a very underrated manga. EDit: Upon further research, it apparently is going to be an anime.