1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia quietly launches GeForce 100-series GPUs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Mar 2009.

1. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

If I remember correctly ATI didn't f**k around like this when they canged from 9xxx to 0xxx.

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Anyone up for a HD X850?

3. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I hope Nivida will think of something better then jam in a more memory, clock the memory higher, clock the core higher and enable a few more stream processors.

You can fool the consumer once or twice but after that the consumer will walk away from it. The bucket is almost full with all the 're batching' going on. Nvidia is fooling the consumer, and if the consumer hates on thing, its being fooled around with.

4. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I actually see some sense in this, despite it being the 5th rebrand of the same core or so...

People argue that the OEMs are the customers in this case, which is not true. The OEMs also depend on customers, and for that target audience, things just got a lot better. They had a choice between 9xxx and 2xx, now, this changed to 1xx and 2xx. The target audience for OEMs is not likely to care enough to go find out about every single part in their new PC, they just want a package that works, so they need clear nomenclature.

The problem for reVidia is that it's taking flak for A) constant rebranding and B) unclear product lineup, but they cannot solve B without more A :hehe:

For me personally, it doesn't matter much. With most of my friends though, if i ask what kind of videocard they have, they answer: "512mb". :duh: For them, these naming schemes are a disaster. The fact that performance and nomenclature are decoupled makes it very hard for people to even make a distinction between ATI and reVidia.

I really do wonder if these naming screwups are deliberate, or if they are just utterly uncoordinated about it.

5. LES

LES What's a Dremel?

I have just purchased the Acer Aspire X1700 desktop pc from argos and this has the Nvidia G100 card fitted,
    This graphix card has a HDMI output in stead of the old S vidio output.and the card is quite compact ,possably derived from the mobile laptop range. OEM only at the moment.
    Performance wise it plays Counter strike scource at 57-80 FPS without a glitch at 1280 x 1024 ,havent tried any other games yet.
    cpu E7300 Duo 2.67ghz - 4 gig ram - blueray drive -.320 gig sata HD - latest fad small form factor case.

6. LES

LES What's a Dremel?

details of G100 from system information .

driver version 190,38
    stream processors 8
    core clock 540 mhz
    shader clock 1300 mhz
    memory clock 510 mhz [1020 mhz data rate ]
    memory interface 64 bit
    total available graphics memory 2047 mb
    dedicated video memory 256 mb
    system video memory 0 mb
    shared system memory 1791 mb
    video bios version 62.98.3f.00.08
    IRQ 19
    bus Pci Express x16 2.0

7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

EDIT BUTTON FFS!!!

Anyways, G100? You mean a GeForce 1xx, right? A re-badged G9x.

Tags: Add Tags