1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Pentium II

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Anator, 3 Mar 2006.

1. Anator

Anator What's a Dremel?

Hi everyone,

Basically ive just pulled an old PII 350 out of a machine, (100mhz fsb model) and I've got an old celeron 300A machine (66 mhz fsb) that i use as a scanner host and was wondering is there any way I can alter the multiplier settings on the PII to get the clock speed i want? (Bios wont allow any changes to fsb or multiplier settings).

Cheers.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It wont be jumperless. Look on the board for the jumper settings (should be printed on it if you're lucky) and flick the jumpers to adjust the clock speed ultra-old-skool stylee. You wont get per-mhz ocing either, itll be something like 66/70/75/83/90odd/100MHz if you're lucky, alongside the multiplier which will be 2x, 3x, etc and if you're lucky you'll get 1/2 multi's too.

3. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

You can probably whack it up to 400 MHz - if its not restricted to lower than that. Adjusting clock speeds on these old mobos isnt very doable.

4. 731|\|37

731|\|37 ESD Engineer in Training

I took a 350 to 411, its what I run in my room. multiplier and FSB are both adjustable on the PII, you might want to make sure you have some ram that will take a higher FSB speed though

5. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

I managed to get my 400 PII to 450once but it depends on the board your using, depends on the mulitplier/jumpers on the board, what sort of board are you using, take a piccy and lets have a look if your not usre where they are, there normally in a block of 8sets (16pins)

Regards
    GiGo

6. 731|\|37

731|\|37 ESD Engineer in Training

my board does not use jumpers, but it was designed with a selling point of not having any. I think OCing with jumpers wouldn't be worth it. but if you have a bios clockspeed section then go for it.