1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Opera Mini 4.2 released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 26 Nov 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

shame it didn't add anything amazing for us users in europe.

3. Perforated

Perforated What's a Dremel?

Aye, but it's nice to see they're still putting work in. The default browser on my Nokia 6500c is all but worthless, so Opera's a very much loved bit of kit on my phone (unlimited web access on my contract, so I use it a LOT). Plus, being able to use the same browser on my nice Nokia & my back-up Samsung J600 makes moving between phones a much less irritating prospect.

The last update's new features, like being able to flip the screen 90 degrees, were brilliant. This update doesn't affect me much, but it's reassuring to see everything moving along - makes me all the more eager to see what the next one brings :) (although, running Fx on my desktop negates the Opera Link feature... any more news on Fx mobile?)

4. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

the old version makes my phone crash/restart randomly, so hopefully this'll sort things out :)

5. Gremlin

Gremlin What's a Dremel?

Yeah the beta caused my n95 8gb to crash randomly but this so far hasn't caused an issue!

I use opera on my desktop and have for years and opera mini is another bloody awesome browser, i am just waiting for them to update opera mobile for s60 since the beta is only win mobile etc

6. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I do like the Mini over N95's default browser (opera as well, dunno?). Could try this one out as well, but so far I'm happy with the old version.

Tags: Add Tags