1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Overwatch Blizzard's biggest beta ever

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 13 May 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

low latency when playing on US servers from the UK - tis fun game and well polished - and no DLC , only in game skins (with in game currency from playing), 1 price you get all the characters.

1 get 60 fps on ultra @ 4k with my GTX 980

3. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I really enjoyed the overwatch beta. had no idea the beta servers were US, it didnt affect my gameplay at all. I just assumed there were european beta servers. Although I do hope there are EU servers when it is released.

Yes its a new IP but in reality nearly all of the abilities of the characters pretty much resemble an ability form a WoW class, like iceblock, charge, blink and so on. but still incredibly fun.

I may just buy it and play while I wait for BATTLEFIELD 1

4. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

We should do a BIT-TECH tournament!

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

apparently tracer was featured in titan (or a class like her)

6. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

With the amount of money pumped into marketing you'd hope it was big! I actually didn't enjoy the open beta which made me sad, I thought I'd love it :( But I had a real feeling of "everyone here has been playing for months and I only just got in". I will probably pick it up at some point, assuming it's still going strong. Which it should be.

7. t5kcannon

t5kcannon Minimodder

The open beta was fun. However, I'd prefer if there were deathmatch and team deathmatch options.

8. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

I just categorically didn't enjoy the game, and it's not their fault either. I was really looking forward to it, but the Beta just felt too much like a MOBA for me (not the objectives obviously but the particular class structure). I'm more and more drifting towards games with very simple mechanics and a high skill ceiling (like CS, Rocket League, Halo etc), whereas Overwatch is more like LoL, HotS or DOTA where a good portion of the skill ceiling comes from the large number of mechanics. Having to play particular heroes in order to counter enemy choices and team comps just isn't my thing apparently. I know most of the PC gaming community loves that sort of thing, I guess I'm just an outlier.

It was very smooth though and I give massive props to Blizzard for making a game that plays like butter in 4K. A minor point for me was that all the menus scaled right! So many games have UIs and menus that don't scale properly with a high res monitor. Valve is particularly bad at this, then again they are probably one of the shoddiest, lazy developers on the PC scene.

9. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

I played a few hours and it was fun, but it left me with the feeling that it didn't have much more to offer.