1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Passports with urgency HELP REQD

Discussion in 'General' started by ModSquid, 22 Jun 2022.

1. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Last edited: 22 Jun 2022
  3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Glad I got an appointment in April now. :worried:

4. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

A pal of mine was waiting six weeks even though he did the one week fast track. If you need it in any urgency, I think you’ve unfortunately, $hat it.

5. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Pants. I thought as much. Thanks anyway, guys. Will keep trying the link.
    I think this is the one that called me back to say that if I did the fast track and it got refused, I'd be ineligible for anything other than waiting up to 8 weeks. Our own fault, so shouldn't whinge too much.

Appreciate all the tips though, chaps.

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Only other option might be to go to one of the passport offices and try and get in for a physical appointment for same day passports.

adidan likes this.
  7. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Oh! This is possible? Is it just a case of rolling up as doors open and asking to see someone, or do you need evidence of urgency/an appointment?

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Sorry I have no idea. I know it's possible, as I got dragged to Liverpool the day after a wedding incredibly hungover for the Spanish inquisition by an man unmoved by any attempt at human interaction. I'm pretty sure we had an appointment, no idea how you get one, so only half helpful.

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

When I went to the Liverpool office in mid-May, there were two queues at the door, guarded by bouncers.
    One of around 3-4 people (including me) who had appointments, and one of around 100 people who were chancing it.
    I don't think the non-appointment queue moved at all while I was inside. This was at 9:20am on a Friday.

Last edited: 23 Jun 2022
  10. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Double pants then. I'll need to book something, I guess.

Which brings me back to refreshing the website with fingers crossed, I suppose. Thanks though, chaps - it's at least confirmed the way forward.

11. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Camp out front from 5am in the hope you are the first on that awful queue? It’ll be like an iPhone launch but with the reward of an airline losing your bags instead.

12. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Mate of mine spent around 3 hours on the phone getting passed around to different call centres for the not-so-fast-fast-track service, and after continually maintaining that it was very important he got it sorted ASAP was eventually passed to the actually-fast-fast-track service, and was sorted with an appointment within days.

Almost like there was a threshold they make to wait and struggle before determining that you must actually need the passport ASAP, rather than just being impatient, if you're still persevering after 3 hours, and just transfer you to the appropriate department.