1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Pc gaming getting frustrating

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by maple, 6 Jun 2012.

1. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

I have voiced my opinion on disks strongly in the past... I would personally rather pay £10 more for a game just so I can download it! The only time I ever by the disk version is if it is cheaper and I can download the client - like diablo 3. I do not even known a disk drive, and have not had one in my PC since windows 7 was released bar the one in my Macbook and even then the only time I have used it was to install windows on the MBP or create a Windows boot usb when I killed my PC :-/

The wonders behind PC gaming is the choice! You can hand your money to whoever you want, I will sell my soul to steam but I refuse to give EA or GFWL any pennies! Although saying that some games purchased on steam use GFWL blah!

2. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

3. SpaceBaby

SpaceBaby AKA: Stophon

From what i gather from this topic. the OP is not mad at the varied choice of places you can buy games from for the PC but the lack of central social interaction.

So with PS3+Xbox the community is all huddled around the consoles features of a universal friends list no matter what game your in. So basically Why can't there just be ONE hub of social PC gaming.

NOT something like steam which sells games as well but purely a social hub where you launch all your games, check out what all your friends are doing. interact with friends on different games ...etc

So EA can still have there own sales site but when you buy it you don't launch it and have origin friends list but it is added to your hub and friends list on there.

4. maple

maple Minimodder

this^ you have put it together perfectly

5. hugo60

hugo60 What's a Dremel?

Basically, like Xfire? Just because people don't use it, doesn't mean it isn't available.

6. Sviatoslav

Sviatoslav What's a Dremel?

Can't play on Xbox any more, have to pay for absolutely everything! There are no unofficial patches and modes and everything costs so much!

7. feathers

feathers Minimodder

Yes, as someone said, it is available but the difference is you have choice. PC is all about choice. eggsbox and ps3 are locked down and sony in particular is a dictatorship.

8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Lets not forget that back in the day you would need a different CD for every single game!

Things today rock!

9. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

It's just a good thing a fair portion of those games weren't just all the same game with a different name and a new feature to make it look good. [/jadedPCMasterRace]

Hell. I'm currently replaying; Silver, Anachronox & Startopia. All of them are awesome.

10. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

You'd only moan if there was no choice ;).

I'm an avid PC gamer and I've only ever used Steam, and obviously Origin...through necessity. Pile of crap that it is.

11. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Indeed, but that has very rarely happened. As for prices, you can buy keys for downloaded software cheaper from 3rd parties. For instance, my nephew has just paid £15 for BF3 (£30 on Origin) and I've just paid £32 for BF3 Premium (£40 on Origin) - but even at full price, these games are better and cheaper then their console versions. What's not to like about that?

Quite. x2.

True - PC gaming is superior-to, but limited-by the aged console hardware and the demographics of your average console gamer. It's a big problem.

You can't have choice AND standardisation. I don't see it being a big bind to have to add a small number of friends to 2 or 3 different platforms anyway.

12. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

If you don't like how it is then go back to your console? Like stated above. Xfire is there if you want to use it. Majority of people use steam it just generally works..then origin for bf3. I dont have anything else. Don't see the big problem.

Also there are plenty of was to get old games that are apparently "pulled" GOG is a great way to get old games. Steam has a big back catalogue.

To sum up my point life is great with PC gaming! #WinnerWinnerChickenDinner

Bill