1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition Performance Memory Survey 2006

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by The_Pope, 4 Aug 2006.

1. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

2. Gman22

Gman22 What's a Dremel?

The wrong link is posted in the article. It links to the February competition.

Gman22

Admin: Thanks - fixed now

3. vacheron

vacheron What's a Dremel?

The "explain why" boxes select themselves when you select them to type in your reasons.

This means that you can either have an explaination, OR an yes / no answer, but not both? :worried:

4. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

noticed that as well... i'm sure people can figure it out though...

5. The_Pope

I think the idea is that there won't be any comments if the answer is Yes. So the "No" is implied if there's a comment

6. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Unless the survey is changed, I suggust selecting the third option and stating your answer along with an explanation?

EDIT: I suppose he's ^ more correct than me :p

7. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

[sic] your small print isnt very small [/sic]

8. The_Pope

Actually, that's perfect. Say "No, because blah blah" - that would be ideal.

9. MadCow

MadCow What's a Dremel?

Hello,
    The ram from first place, is it available in DDR2 667MHz SODIMM (iMac compatible)?

10. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Sorry if I've missed it, but will our details be passed on anywhere with this one? Seems like a cool thing, but if it's gonna net me some email from people offering some sevice or whatever then I'll pass.

11. Joes2silly

Joes2silly What's a Dremel?

im sorry for being stupid, but how exactly do I enter this contest :confused:

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Click the link in the first post of this thread, then click the "Click Here To Enter" picture. If you've got popups totaly disallowed it might not open.

13. The_Pope

I'm attempting to find out. I would very much hope not as it was not mentioned at any point.

14. The_Pope

If you have overly aggressive ad-blockers in place, they might be filtering the link (which is programmed to count how many people enter). Some might say that's "unlucky" - others might say that not being able to enter is punishment for blocking the ads that help pay to keep bit-tech what it is today: kick-ass and free for everyone.

Can I suggest adding www.bit-tech.net to your whitelist (for anyone who insists on blocking ads in general)

15. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

You guys might wanna check the spelling in the article too :)

16. The_Pope

I have had it confirmed that the only email contact you will receive is to let you know if you have won, and possibly one email to everyone who did not win (just so they know). Nobody will be added to a mailing list. No spam will be sent. Just as it should be :D

17. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Nice one sah, filling in now :)

Pope dude, it's not just ad-blocking that does this. Many browsers and plugins have pop-up blockers that don't impact upon advertising at all. I'm on Opera and it'll block popups if it thinks I don't want 'em, wasn't an issue for me on that site, but sometimes I have to enable popups on a particular site. Doesn't mean the stuff is ad-blocking though :)

18. The_Pope

Speccy - yes, you're right but there's more depth to it that you don't know about. The bit you're talking about is any old link which target=_blank to open the link in a new window (rather than bulldoze over the content you're reading). This isn't a "pop-up" but sometimes browsers get it wrong and prevent it. bit-tech doesn't do any pop-up / pop-under advertising, so you can go ahead and allow it without any worries.

The bit I was talking about is the technique I have employed to count the number of clicks on that link. As a result, it might look like a "banner" to an ad-blocker, which might mean it gets stripped out and the reader will be left with no way to enter the prize draw. The solution, of course, is to not block banners on bit-tech.net, which is a good idea anyway.

19. TMM

TMM Modder

Sifn't have a G.Skill option :p

20. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Indeed, I was quite confused about that. They had a name of a brand I've never heard off(and I've spent a fair ammount of time learning about RAM over the years) yet they totaly missed G.Skill, one of the most important manufactures of performance ram out there. I found it highly odd.

Tags: Add Tags