1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

The deed is done. Ordered a Aqua-Computer Aquaero 3.07 (VFD model), and the Black aluminum front face.
    [​IMG]
    along with the H20 temp and flow sensor, so I should know what is going on inside BN.
    The only problem (US) is getting this stuff. It would seem it come's on a slow boat from Germany (I know, it's US customs).
    A page or so back I asked the question "Innovatek or Aqua-Computer"....
    Now that I have seen stuff from both company's. My vote goes for AQUA-COMPUTER....................................................................................
    MS

Last edited: 10 Aug 2004
  2. ErictheHank

ErictheHank What's a Dremel?

Where were you able to find the 8mm fittings for the Cuplex Evo? I have looked everywhere for those fittings with a G1/8 thread and have yet to find them.

3. ErictheHank

Double post somehow....oops

4. Buzku

Buzku What's a Dremel?

Nice case, even without modding...

5. modsquad

All Aqua-Computer's stuff is available with those fittings (optional).

6. ErictheHank

I see that now. Problem is that the only US reseller that I know of (sntsystems.com) doesn't carry them.

7. modsquad

Send them a email, Dan is a good guy, I would think he will have no problem ordering them for you!
    MS

8. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

No, it won't work with BTX. BTX has the case open on the right side but stkill has the expansion slots at the bottom. Kinda a mirror image of ATX.

Nice job with the PSU there. I'd suggest vinyl dye on the 24->20 adaptor. Or maybe even a black sharpie. But be glad it's there, all of the new LGA775 mobos use the 24pin setup and high power PCIE graphics cards are hugely unstable without the 24pin connector (you can still use the mobo with the 20pin).

9. modsquad

Small Update

More cable sleeving. Pictured below are my (2) CCFL sets and an Innovatek in-line H20 temp sensor as well as there LED light kit for the Fass-O-Matic Reservoir (the kit came with a blue LED, that would not fit in with the project theme, so I made up a new lead with a RED LED attached).
    [​IMG]

This is one of the two switches that will control the lighting. I was going to use Bulgin vandal switches to control the lighting, but I did not like the way they made the front panel look (too many of the same switches), so I made up custom toggle switches by taking apart the Vandal and using its body to house a toggle switch
    [​IMG]

The 12" CCFL units fit perfectly into a small pocket at the front of the case. One will go on either side of the 5.25" bay area (not sure where the second set will go yet).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I purchased some 1/4" Tygon tubbing for the project. They also had Innovatek's Orange UV tubing. The Innovatek tubing looks pretty cool and honestly seems every bit as flexible as the Tygon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am not sure if I will go with the Tygon or Innovatek tube. I am still awaiting my Aqua-Computer CPU block from Germany to do a "mock-up" of the H20 loop.
    That about will do it for know.
    MS

10. Firehed

I vote the tygon myself, the orange just doesn't seem to quite fit.

Nice updates, great sleeving job :) Where did you find vandal switches that aren't momentary and would let you control CCFLs with them?

Those cathodes are really going to light up all the holes in the front... but it doesn't look like they'll give off much light to the interior from their position... maybe top-mount the other set? Or one at the top and one sitting on the divider thing.

11. modsquad

As far as I know all the vandal switches are momentary, I was going to make up a flip/flop circuit to use them.
    The Innovatek stuff is not as orange in person, it's the flash on my camera. Check out a no-flash picture..
    [​IMG]

What do you think?

12. Firehed

Well it sure looks much better in that second picture. I'd say in that case it's really more dependant on a) your preference and b) what kinda additives will be in the water. Personally I'd probably use the clear stuff and add in food coloring or some other kinda dye that way you get whatever color you want, but I can't really give great advice without seeing it in person. All I know is that on most sites it's advertised as UV orange and they never show shots without it being in UV light...

Just noticed that top reservoir... you did a nice job cutting that! You may want to think about lining it with either some C-strip type molding or going around it with a black marker just so the silver doesn't show through.

Just out of curiosity... about how thick are the side panels? I've heard 2mm but it always looks thicker in pictures. Not so thick that using rubber window molding would be a problem, right?

13. modsquad

The side panels are VERY THICK, 2mm at least! I am doing to cut a window, but it is "no going back" as there are no replacement side panels YET. I just saw this today, no black????
    http://www.maxcooler.com/lianliwvsidp.html

As far as the Fass-O-Matic hole on top. Thanks. The hole on top looks great, I did color the edges with a Sharpie. Its done.
    [​IMG]

14. Darth Joules

Darth Joules Minimodder

Hey modsquad!

Can I ask you a rather odd question/request? I see that the Innovatek tubing you've purchased has branding printed along the tubing. Could you please tell me roughly how far apart each branding is from the next along the tube?

I ask because I think I've been ripped off and been sent a cheap brand of UV tubing and not Innovatek. :grr:

BTW, looking forward to seeing how this mod goes! :thumb:

15. modsquad

That is a strange question, but since I am sitting around getting drunk. The answer is 17.5" (us) inches. Tubing states " www.innovatek.de Art. Nr.500 713"
    Who did you you order from? I would like to aviod them.
    MS

16. Darth Joules

Darth Joules Minimodder

I got the tubing from
    www.frozencpu.com. And FYI the tubing I have is certianly not Innovatek tubing. It's 28" long and there is no Innovatek branding anywhere along its length. I HAVE been ripped off!! :miffed: :miffed: :miffed:

May I ask as to where you got your genuine Innovatek tubing from? :confused: I think I might be trying your source instead.

Meanwhile I going to go warm up the flamethrower for the e-mail I'm gonna send to FrozenCPU! :grr:

17. modsquad

I ordered from http://www.highspeedpc.com/

Having ordered many times from frozenCPU, I must say I am surprised. I have never had a problems with them (there prices can be a little high on some items).
    As for highspeedpc, also a solid store. Scott is very helpful and he carries the full-line of the Innovatek stuff.
    Best of luck.
    MS

18. -N4cR-Stigma2K

-N4cR-Stigma2K Banned

How do/does you/one fill up the reservoir tank?

19. modsquad

You remove the six screws on top and the plexi-circle comes off. Add the H20 and replace it.

20. Firehed

Uhh, frozenCPU never advertised their UV tubing as Innovatek brand.
    "FrozenCPU.com 1/4 inch Red PUR UV Reactive Tubing", etc.
    Also, it's quite possible that it's just special ordered innovated type that's unmarked.
    /edit - checked their site, they do also sell innovatek brand. I wouldn't obsess myself, there's a good chance either you added the wrong kind to cart or they just misread the invoice. they're very helpful at fixing order errors