1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Evolution by PEXON. 13th Jan 2K13 - FINAL (nearly) photos!!!!!! OMG1337SAUCE

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by shrop, 4 Nov 2011.

1. shrop

shrop El Jefe of Sleeving

I replaced the fan and it doesn't spin up, I'm using a PSU testing tool and nothing is lighting up on it. All the crimps are good, I checked them before I sleeved them, all making good contact with the wire and crimped well on the insulation. I have no idea whats going on. There was a slight electrical ticking sound earlier but nothing now.

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

If the PSU Tester isn't working it does suggest (from my limited knowledge of all the mistakes I've made) that it's the PS On signal. Only thing I can think of is to open up the PSU again and make sure that none of the cables have detached from the circuit board, particularly Pin 16 and if possible check that you've actually got the right cable for pin 16 correctly located in the housing.

I don't know if a PSU Tester checks the voltage on every power supplying cable or just specific ones. Although I've got one and use it for a quick check I now use a multimeter to check the voltage on each of the power cables just to be sure that I'm not going to put 12V through a 5V connector.

Also check the fuse in the power lead.

3. shrop

Thanks for your help mate. I've tried it with several power leads and no good with any of them. Will check all the cables are true inside the PSU tomorrow.

4. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

I think that you might have done something wronth with the pinout when putting the cables back in...

HAve you tried to jumpstart the PSU ? Pin nr 16 and ground ?

5. shrop

yep, done all that, it did'nt work either.

6. shrop

My new PSU arrived today, so I've got started on that. Obviously, I've got limited sleeve left, so I'm going to have to make do with sleeving a portion with SATA sleeve on the 12v ATX and PCI-E 6+2 and the rest individually sleeved.

[​IMG]

One end...

[​IMG]

T'uther end

[​IMG]

7. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Nice job with a limited amount!

8. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Can't you re-use the sleeving from the old PSU?

9. shrop

Thanks very much mate, much appreciated! Its nice I got some feedback on this project! :sigh::thumb:

Yup, thats what I'm doing, but obviously, I need to chop the ends off, trim them down, melt the ends etc, so I do loose a fair amount, hence having to have a portion of the the wires group sleeved and individually sleeved. They will be out of sight behind the motherboard tray so they wont look too ghastly. :D

10. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

Admit one thing, it seems that you have melt the tops of the sleeve right onto the pin...is that right ?

11. shrop

Yea mate, have you been reading OC3D? :D

12. shrop

I had a spare bit of ally, left over after cutting the window out, I started measuring up a blanking panel for the front, where the 5 1/4" drive pay covers normally sit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also wolloped a few holes in the floor, for the intake for the 240mm rads. Fingers crossed, I can get a pair of 140mm fans in the front too, to help get a bit more air into the case, as 2x 120's in the floor, exhausting hot air from the rads, won't be too beneficial.

[​IMG]

I'm just not sure how to mount the rads, either on the floor or fans on the floor of the case. Like...

[​IMG]

OR.......

[​IMG]

As always, cheers for looking.

13. shrop

Just got the modular 24 pin and 24 pin extensions finished! :) I think they look pretty good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. shrop

Was thinking something like this for the top fan grill? What do you reckon?

[​IMG]

15. Fuganater

Fuganater What's a Dremel?

I prefer push vs pull but do you have enough room to do both?

The grill looks nice and clean!

16. shrop

I was planning on either doing a double set of 30mm thick rads on top of each other so 2 in push (4x120mm fans), or having a 60mm thick with push/pull. Thanks for the comment on the grill too! :thumb:

17. shrop

Got some primer on, 2 coats actually, wet sanded and ready for spraying, fingers crossed tomorrow is dry I can get the first coat on! :) I forgot to upload these pics from last wekk. D'oh!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Hello Mr Shrop, I've not been here for a while, but the primer looks good :thumb:

You better update us sooner or else I'm coming for you.

19. shrop

Just a little updat with some acrylic I've been cutting for some blanking panels. First up, the side of the 5 1/4" drive bay looks a tad messy, just due to the mount holes etc, and as I'm only using a single bay for the fan controller and perhaps a DVD drive, I can cover them up and use the mouting system from the other side, the side you can see! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had a little idea with the front bezel cover. I'm thinking about getting the project name engraved on a piece of acrylic, see below. I can paint the acrylic to match the cover of the case and have a plain, clear piece of acrylic behind it and a strip of LED's to light up the engraved text, I think if I do it subtly the effect will look pretty nice, I've just got to see how much engraving will be, hopefully its not silly money, or if someone on here can do it hit me up!

[​IMG]

This is the clear part, I can use some 3M mounting tape, as with the 5 1/4" bay shroud as you wont see it from inside the case.

[​IMG]

I also needed to make a blanking plate for the top, the case comes with a PSU mounting plate and a grill cover, but I think it looks a bit poo, so I made a solid infill panel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always thanks for looking, any comments appreciated. Cheers! :)

20. peteski

peteski long live the pc

looking good mate keep up the good work :rock: :rock: :rock: