1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Hutch (Qmicra v2) The reservoir v.2! Aug 16

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by craigbru, 1 Feb 2009.

1. Bullitdodger

Bullitdodger If it ain't broke....Tweak it.

How much liquid will that reservoir hold? I still think it's an amazing build....

2. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

Thanks mate!

Lol, probably. If only I would have anticipated getting the CNC! I've thought about doing another one, believe me!:D

Gotcha. Yeah, this was to be an understated and clean build. Not really flashy, but solid all the way through.

The res will hold about 360 ml. I always thought that was a surprisingly large amount.

3. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Wow. That's pretty great!

I really like the look of the res :thumb:

4. craigbru

Okay everyone, how about a real update? In fact, how many of you even completely forgot about this project? Haha, well, I'm going to remedy that. When I last left off, I had the reservoir finished, and was ready to move on to other minutia. Between that time and now, I decided to slightly modify the reservoir and build a new one with the help of my Romaxx CNC machine. Check out the cutting of the bottom layer here.

With the bottom layer cut, I had to tap a couple of holes for G 1/4 Bitspower fittings. To simplify the process I put the tap in my drill press, and manually turn to tap. It keeps the tap completely vertical, and allows for precise cutting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Perfect fit!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sitting in place...

[​IMG]

Now comes one of my least favorite parts... polishing...

[​IMG]

With the reservoir issues taken care of, it's now time to work on tube routing. Due to the reservoir's minimal height, a T-line is needed for filling the system. This is approximately where I'll be putting it. Another update is coming soon!

[​IMG]

5. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

Between Hutch and Osidias, do you ever sleep Craigbru ;) Looking good man, cant wait to see your top rez in action

6. craigbru

Lol, no, I don't really get a lot of sleep. I've got to make time for the family, household duties, maintaining losias.net and the forums, a little gaming, and Netflix. I'm busy, but I'm happy. :D

7. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

The res is coming together nicely Craig, keep it up :thumb:.

8. craigbru

Thanks mate! Hopefully I'll have another update yet this week!

9. NavidsonRecord

NavidsonRecord Where the bloody hell are ya'?

wheres my update!

10. craigbru

Oh hell, it has been a long time since I updated this. Lol. I've been distracted lately, but I do need to get this finished. I'll see what I can get done this week. :D

11. NavidsonRecord

NavidsonRecord Where the bloody hell are ya'?

I'm actually waiting for you to finish this so you can continue on OSIDIAS. Thats the one everyone wants to see finished!

12. craigbru

Lol, so true. Between a minor surgery (yes, I'm fine :thumb:), working on a Jeep rebuild, and a little work on the Draken design (shown in the OSIDIAS thread), this project hasn't got the attention it deserves. I really do need to get on it, not only so I can start on OSIDIAS again, but so Stuart can actually get this computer. Lol, he's been far too patient. :D

13. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

Updates ?

14. craigbru

Wow, I haven't updated since the 16th of August? I better get things finished up here! I've made a little progress, but am obviously long overdue for an update. This project is holding up OSIDIAS and everything after. I'll get back on this as soon as I can.

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Good answerrr.

16. nlancaster

nlancaster Minimodder

Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead.

Need to finish some projects craig before strating more of them. :p

17. craigbru

:D

Lol, that's true. I've managed to get myself pretty sidetracked the past few months. Whether good or bad, I've not got any real modding done on any project, not just this one. It's been more about the bits and bytes lately. I've also convinced myself that my Jeep Wrangler needs a 10.2" touchscreen and car pc... Of course it would be completely custom, and as far as I can tell, the only one in existence with my planned specs. :rock:

18. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

sr-2 and quad sli gtx 580s!!

You heard it here first folks!! expect nothing less :rock:

He told me it was going to be a testbench on his dashboard ln2 pot and all doodads :hehe:

19. craigbru

Lol, now that would be crazy. In reality, most of the work will be in squeezing a 10" screen in a custom dash bezel. Definitely some custom fabrication going on there. Since it's a soft top Jeep, the screen also has to be removable, but integrated nicely. The rest of the PC components will be suitably hidden. That said, lets not get to far ahead ourselves. One project at a time... :D

20. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Funny place to want to be viewing your pr0n collection craig, but i guess whatever makes you happy :D

Sounds pretty cool! i agree want to keep one and a time you have more than enough on your place atm

I find it difficult to keep two projects going.... Infact i have a hard time keeping one project going :duh: