1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: Mecha

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Samaya, 4 Feb 2011.

1. Dk_vr

Dk_vr What's a Dremel?

Very interesting build and I want to salute you for the modding skills you have :)

Keep the good work and I am eager to see the finished project.

2. Socialite

Socialite What's a Dremel?

You are truly an inspiration! I love how you are pulling off such a nice build with the simplest of tools. It speaks volumes to you skill level! Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see the finished product!

3. Ulti

Ulti Poor student

Hehe, it'll be like burst mode/trans am! :D Didn't expect another Gundam fan here though :) Keep up the brilliant work dude!

4. Samaya

Samaya Lion Country

I am at the point of ordering my Box's inards and would like some opinions regarding them. I think the cpu, mobo and Ram is a good combination but I have only heard that the Silverstone PSU is good but can't find reviews:

Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz LGA1155 Processor
    Asus Maximus V GENE IZ77 Motherboard
    Corsair DDR3-1866 8GB (2x4GB) Vengeance Memory Module Kit - Red
    Silverstone ST60F-ES Strider Essential Power Supply - 600W

I'll be waiting for prices of Graphics cards prices to drop a bit before I buy something. I am keen on a GTX670 but will see what the price looks like in about 2 months.

Last edited: 14 Jul 2012
  5. Dk_vr

Dk_vr What's a Dremel?

Those acrylic parts will have be lighter or you will use some led strips inside the case for the whole machine ?

6. Samaya

Samaya Lion Country

I have a couple ideas with the lighting. Definitely LED's but probably not strips. The leds will have to be small

7. Samaya

Samaya Lion Country

A PROPER('ish) update :D

I finally managed to get the side angled diamond shaped sides 99.99999% correct. Its near perfect. I started working on the pieces this morning at 9am. I finished working on them at 5pm. I made 2 pieces... :wallbash:

Anyway here are a couple of pics of one fitted with some masking tape. I can't attach these permanently yet as the aluminium needs to be painted first. That will happen eventually.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dusty but its a work in progress :thumb::dremel:

I also got my hardware:
    Asus Maximus V Gene MoBo
    Intel i7 3770k
    8GB Corsair Vengeance (Black HS)
    Silverstone 600W Strider essential.
    :rock:

8. Samaya

Samaya Lion Country

I made a couple of things today. Well only 2... :dremel::D

I was not in the mood for more perspex work so decided to start work on one of the pods. I made the panel and then made the frame of the pod. The frame needs a bit of sanding to make it fit less tightly. As it is, no servo I have will be able to push it open. So still a bit of work to get it right. I also need to still make the inside of the frame look a LOT better but thats for another day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Samaya

Samaya Lion Country

I have decided that the way I did the pod looks terrible :blush: and needs to be redone so...

I made individual pieces to fit into every section. It takes nearly double the time to do than the previous way, but it looks SO much better and it fits much better too :D:thumb:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am going to solder the pieces together when it is done. That way I can still have a seamless look on the pod. :dremel: