1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Project: Nvidia Bullet in a Bubble

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Nuffenburger, 18 Sep 2007.

1. Nuffenburger

Nuffenburger The Burgerman Can

ok, so i thought i would make a case, and all the case designs i came up with were rather boring, so i decided to try something different, this is what i came up with

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    sorry if the images are too big, i resized them but this is how they turned out :( .i have all the tools, just the items is all i need, hoping to have this finished within 2-3 months, i was thinking, bend the perspex/acrillyc around the top and the right hand side of the case, over lapping the edge and fastening with screws, then the two tubes as two resivoirs for watercooling, the front will have my ps1 lcd display in it, covered by a layer of perspex (so theres no scratches), the case itself maybe steel frame something strong, i have the steel & the tools for it, just need to design it first, i will make a cardboard muckup of it and see how it goes, i am putting the resivoirs on the left side of the case because i am hoping to put all different types of older hardware pulled apart in the bubble on the right hand side, and the top bubble maybe just a few old hard drives that no longer work,

i will post more pictures of the case as soon as i get to work on it.
    for now its bed time, night night

2. Cinnander

Cinnander What's a Dremel?

Interesting design, certainly looks like the plastic work is trickier than I could handle - best of luck!
    I like the idea of reservoirs in those tubes on the left. They look like they could be quite fragile, but I guess you'll just have to be careful.

Are those drive bays 5.75" or 3.5"? They look rather narrow so I guess they're intended to be 3.5" for drive-bay WC accessories, fanbays and such?
    If it was me I'd make the corners of the case on the right fit in with the circle that the right-hand "bubble" - i.e. rounded rather than being flat bevels, but that's just personal taste!
    Any ideas about lighting? LEDs in the tanks on the left could look cool - if that plastic is that clear green colour you'd get a nice "toxic green" glow :D

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

You still need to change up the face a bit. right now it's kind of 'computer in plastic'. -Hard to explain...The boxy computer faceplate clashes with the curves.

4. Nuffenburger

ok i have the materials for the basic structure, today i made me a computer chair, still not entirely completed but close to, its an old seat out of my car that i dont use any more, i also made a desk, not very big, but big enuff to support my case and 2 LCD 17" monitor displays soon to be 2x22" which i will mount on the wal behind the desk, *so theres not to much weight*. tomorro i will begin on welding the pieces of flat to make the basic structure, updates should come around tomorro night if im not to tired. :D,

5. Nuffenburger

omg..
    it has been a while. however ive been working my ass off in my new job :)
    spray painter/panel beater
    starting an apprenticeship in the next 3-4 months should be good
    then . i can start doing high detail paintings on my computers
    ill have pics of what i have so far of the project.

not alot to get fussed about but it has been rough doing up my shitbox car aswell as working and of course.. drinking =]
    :jawdrop:
    anyways.
    yeah. ill get back

6. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

that looks rather neat. i cant wait to see what youve done.

7. Nuffenburger

wooo
    just ordered my new parts for it

intel e6850 core 2 duo cpu $330
    2x 8800gts g92 at $330 each :) = discounted because i bought two :)hehe
    4gb 1066mhz ddr2 Ram kingston:):)
    800w psu might have to get a higher one dunno yet ill see
    4x320gb w.d 7200rpm hard drives 2 for internal 2 for external *2 in the top view of the case
    also i have ordered a very nice motherboard Gigabyte GA-X38-DS5 Motherboard
    and a few aluminium fans courtesy of evercool costing a mere $20 each =]
    im happy with that
    i still am yet to get some pics of what i have done to the case and i will be doing that as soon as my digital camera arrives :)
    2"tft screen for a steal at $89 from target :)

i work as a panel beater/spray painter apprentice atm in my first year. im hoping to give this mod a wicked paintjob once ive saved up a bit :)
    hehe

will post pics as soon as i can
    thanks

Last edited: 2 Dec 2007
  8. Nuffenburger

sorry everyone. change of plans, i am now making a different case mod something with a nicer look, i couldnt order the tubes for the side anyway so i would have had to strip them off :(

however
    diamond checkplate and angle, and polish, and mirrors = mirror maze :)
    muahaha
    i am thinking of making a mirror maze instead of this mod, but the mirror maze will be installed in a computer :)
    i will post pics of what i have so far from the old mod that i will make into the new mod