1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Yabab! (Yet another black and blue theme)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Tacritan, 20 Sep 2003.

1. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

Um... is that "plexi" from a freezer??? :worried:

2. jpb

jpb What's a Dremel?

Excellent! I love the creative use of materials. :D

3. Tacritan

Tacritan What's a Dremel?

It is indeed! :p

[​IMG]

See something missing? No? What about the top shelf? :D
    It wasn't my job tho, I found the shelf "disassembled" (i.e. totally destroyed!) in our storageroom. "Hey, I can use this!" :D

Back on the project:

Got the flu right now so I'm not able to get the heatshrinks locally in a couple of days, that's why I haven't soldered the LEDs yet (no more ghetto-jobs for this dude, oh no! ;) ). Hopefully I'll update is this weekend when the fever is gone and I'm able to walk further away from the bed than just my comp. :sigh:

4. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

Looking real good... im surprised your salvaged fridge's piece's text isn't in norwegian too.

ahh a modder after my own heart.

5. princexxx

princexxx What's a Dremel?

looks nice dude, good plan with the recycling of the fridge part.
    great work dude :clap:

6. Zoomer

Zoomer What's a Dremel?

sorry but am I the only one thinking you have now put plexy in the way of getting a smooth air supply to your rad.

looks nice mind due.

7. Tacritan

Nope, you're not. If you read my posts (it's a pain, I know ;) ) , you can see that I redid the whole plexi-thing do help the airflow. It didn't work out too well though, BUT I am gonna fix that by reversing the rad-fans, as they now are sucking the hot air right into the case , warming everything up. I just need to get my windowside with fans done so I have an intake of cold air when reversing the buggers. :)

8. Wicked Li'l Bender

Wicked Li'l Bender What's a Dremel?

Perma frost this!

Why not duct the exhaust off of the rad. fans out the bottom or top or back????
    then again...
    It looks great anywho.

9. Tacritan

I'll see if I can find a way to get around this problem. Right now I've taken mostly everything apart because my frontbezel-mod didn't work out as I had hoped (wrote this earlier but the database-crash deleted my update).

As I'm out of funds , out of motivation and having my midterms around this time there isn't much time left for modding. In addition I'll go home for christmas in about a week or so , and not be back until some time in the new year, which results in no modding at all.

I'll be back strong in the new year with more cash and more motivation (hopefully). ;)

10. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Sad to hear your laying this project down for the now, but I do understand. Heres a good idea for your optical drives, and how to hide the fact that they are slightly off color. Very little painting involved! First, rewire the eject switches for both drives and the LED's, move them to someplace else on the bezel. Then remove the front covers from both the door and the drive itself, removing the earphone jack and volume ajuster might help. Then get a peice of plexi or simmilar, and cut it to fit over both drives, cut out spaces for the drive doors, and custom make the doors. Paint the back of the plexi black, and mount LED's arround the edge (blue I'm guessing) so that it glows brightly. With something like that you'll get arround the nasty business of painting the drive covers and you've got a realy slick look that'll fit in with the rest of your case. And theres even the possability of using another bit of grilling overtop of the plexi. Think about it ;) Good job so far though :thumb:

11. Tacritan

Well, I don't have any space for the drives anywhere else (unfortunately). :waah:
    Gonna get rid of the dvd-rom and the cd-rw , buy a dvd+rw , and get an I&S drivecage with space for 3 disks in 2 5.25" bays. Then I'll move the rheobus somewhere else, and stealth the new drive. Problem solved. ;)
    But this will be next year, gotta fix my windowsides and fix up my watercooling first. Got plans for a bayres... ;)

Edit: Forgot this; a link to a picture (LARGE) of my front with the LEDs attached and working. Not bright enough, so I disassembled. CCFL here I come. ;)

Last edited: 15 Dec 2003
  12. Tigris

Tigris What's a Dremel?

13. Tacritan

Yikes, my webserver is down for unknown long time and my hardware-budget way exceedes my modding-plans so it seems i might have to postpone this project even further. :(
    Will be back later tho. Happy New Year people! :)

Edit: Webserver finally up and running again. :)

Last edited: 5 Jan 2004
  14. Tacritan

Sadly I have to cancel this project. The case has been sold with watercooling etc etc. Studies are taking all my time so I won't start a new mod for oh so long... Good Luck to all you other modders out there, be an inspiration to those who need it. :)

Tacritan out.

15. Kurtis

Kurtis What's a Dremel?

aw, i was getting into your mod too... :(

16. FourDee

FourDee What's a Dremel?

Vjinil Djie oe something :D :D