1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding PSONE LCD Mod

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by macroman, 6 Jul 2004.

1. xmas111

xmas111 What's a Dremel?

Ok thanks for the help. :thumb: When I get some more time I'll fiddle with all the wires, connectors, etc. and see if I can fix it.

2. xmas111

xmas111 What's a Dremel?

Well I tried everything without any success.
    But I think I've narrowed down to a heat issue. When I first turn it on it works fine, then a minute or two later the red line shows up.

I've checked the input voltage and it fluctuates between 7.5 and 7.6 so that's not the problem.

I'll keep plugging away at it and let you know if I find the problem.

3. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

You haven't said whether you've tried bending the screen slightly.

4. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

I have experienced the same problem with a vertical line, except mine was blue. I believe they are stucked pixels. Because mine went away for couple weeks, came back, then went back away. I did nothing to try to fix it. Just left it on.

5. xmas111

xmas111 What's a Dremel?

Yes I tried bending the screen slighty.....but thanks for the advice. :)

6. xmas111

xmas111 What's a Dremel?

Thanks, I'll try leaving it on and see what happens.

7. geor1712

geor1712 What's a Dremel?

following the guide to hook it up via VGA, how ould I do it via rca?

8. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

How-to hook up your psone lcd through RCA

Need:
    1.Video card with RCA or svideo port
    2. Camcorder to TV cable (RCA on end, 3.5mm jack on other end)
    3. Psone LCD
    4. Psone power adapter

To hook it up to the card is pretty straight forward, 3.5mm jack goes into black port on psone lcd, yellow RCA jack goes into your video card.

Once it's hooked up and powered, turn on your computer, go into your video card's preferences and turn on the TV. It detects the LCD as a TV. Adjust resolution to your liking (640x480, 800x600) and adjust screen adjustments. Done. It will act just like having dual displays.

Last edited: 15 Oct 2005
  9. Veer

Veer What's a Dremel?

apparently what you just said, is not working for me at all. I have an ati radeon 9600, and it's not detecting the screen as TV output. I am finding a way to 'force' the card to detect it.

10. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Where did you get your camcorder cable? Some may not work. If worse come to worst, you'll have to make your own.

http://starfox.ucc.asn.au/carcomp/

It should detect it right off the bat, if not, it must be the cable. If you could test the screen say on an DVD player, see if it'll work. Just to rule out LCD problem and cable problem.

11. Veer

Veer What's a Dremel?

i got the camcorder cable from the local electronics shop. That's the funny thing, at first the screen was not powering on, so i had to hotwire it to get power. Now since that is done, my ati won't detect it as a tv monitor. But as far as testing it goes, i tested it with my DVD player before hotwiring it, and apparently i could see the volume bars and brightness bars, but no picture of any sort. I will try it with the RCA cable once again. I don't think there is any problem with the screen, since it came factory sealed. But i am still clueless and puzzled as to why my gfx is not detecting it. :sigh:

12. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Well it sounds like it's your camcorder cable. Since it's getting no signal at all. Camcorder cables may differ, if it does not connect to the 3.5mm jack the same way in the link I posted, then it will not work. I guess I got lucky, I tried it out, worked first time.

13. esai

esai What's a Dremel?

Thanks to everyone for their help and support....

I recently started work on the psone lcd...and I got everything to work(almost) including display without a vcard w/ csync. I've got my timings after a couple hours of tinkering and I thought all would be well, until i tried to play video. The desktop and windows all seem to be aligned, but videos only seem to play the top half of the actual feed. Also, once video starts playing, it seems like everything slows down significantly, and I've even had the lcd shut off once or twice. Can anyone help me or give me an alternative?

14. user0001

user0001 What's a Dremel?

You can force detection. Is under Troubleshooting IIRC.

15. Veer

Veer What's a Dremel?

oh, can not sure wha IIRC is can you tell me the procedure, thanks.

16. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Lol, IIRC is "If I read Correctly", the procedure, is read correctly. :hehe:

17. Veer

Veer What's a Dremel?

haha, i see I am not aware of that abbr. :p

18. chronic9

chronic9 What's a Dremel?

i finally put together my screen, too bad i have those 1cm spaceings on the side. and i already have 2 LCDs running off my 7800gtx, so i guess i have to buy a PCI vga that supports Csync and all that. is there a way how to get rid of the spaceings on the side without the special VGA?
    heres a web album of my screen. http://www.burntoast.net/stan/MyPsoneScreen/index.html

19. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

You running it through RCA? You should be able to adjust it more with your video card settings. Also I set mine to video mode and it fills out the whole screen. Not sure if you'll be able to do that.

20. Veer

Veer What's a Dremel?

still not able to solve the problem. Anyway is there some program like TVtool for ati cards . sine Tvtool only supports nvidia cards, and can force detect a tv connection.

Tags: Add Tags