1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Question for Lian Li v2000 owners..

Discussion in 'Modding' started by NightCrawler™, 11 May 2006.

1. NightCrawler™

NightCrawler™ What's a Dremel?

The wires from the front bottom panel.. especially the USB one... at the end there are two connectors. One is a regular USB connector and on that wire it has separate smaller connectors zip tied back on the wire which seem to indicate a normal USB connection but with separate plugs..

The question is do I need to plug them on the mobo (I have room for it) or can I simply cut them away as it looks awful with those pins tied back and i want to sleeve the wire regardless..

Any help/advice.?

2. Oxnard

Oxnard What's a Dremel?

OK those are for a motherboard that doesn't fit the standard USB block, as far as I know, thats old and obsolete, I simply taped mine though...

Last edited: 12 May 2006
  3. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Yeah, what Oxnard said, altho I have to use mine as the headers are in a crappy place on my board.

Regards
    GiGo

4. NightCrawler™

I had a quick look on the Lian Li site and it got more confusing to be honest.. I need the extra set of pins for USB2.0 :confused: http://www.lian-li.com/faq.htm (scroll down)
    So for now I've connected the extra set to my DFI and see how it goes.. It does look more aesthetic then it was though..

5. Oxnard

Oxnard What's a Dremel?

No man, the block does 2.0 as well, all I use is the block...

6. NightCrawler™

You were right... I hooked up my USB wheel today and it refused to work because I had the other connectors hooked up too..
    After I pulled them it worked just fine.. :)

Thanks for the help!