1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Quiet LED fan?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bennylava, 5 Mar 2021.

1. bennylava

bennylava What's a Dremel?

I'm looking for a green LED fan, but I'd like it to be quiet. I've noticed that most of the fans that come with cases aren't all that great. Many of them are noisy and could use an upgrade. I was hoping that someone here could recommend an LED fan that is known for being at least somewhat more quiet than average.

Noctua is of course the standard in quiet, but iirc they don't make LED fans. Cougar was recommended to me, but does anyone here have any experience with that brand? Are they really any more quiet than the factory fans? Thanks!

2. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Fan selection is quite the minefield. Besides noise you need to conside the other aspects fan selection. Notual, does have a nice little summary Buying Guide. Once you have sort all your criteria, then you can used a site like Newegg as they have one of the better filter tools (IMHO).
    Not sure if this link with filters will work for others https://www.newegg.com/global/uk-en Case Fans, 120mm, LED Green.

One other option is to consider non LED fans and include an add-on like Phanteks Halos.