1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Razer Carcharias Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 21 Jan 2011.

1. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

2. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

Would like to see this compared to the Roccat Kave!

3. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

I have these headphones and LOVE them!

4. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

5. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

After some reader feedback, we're currently tweaking how we do the 'What is the Best' articles. They're mostly for people searching for recommendations in Google, so if you follow your link you'll see that article has been changed to reflect this.

At the same time, we wanted to surface the individual reviews much better for regular readers, and have them slip down the content order in more familiar way.

We think we've cracked the problem for both types of reader, so hopefully (after a few days of these changes, as we don't want to flood the site with 10 peripheral reviews at once) this will all make sense.

Thanks again to all those that gave constructive criticism, now back to the discussion of the Razer Carcharias: how exactly do you pronounce the name??

6. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Don't know if it's right but I'd pronounce it car-ch-are-eye-as :D

How comfy are these for those of us that were glasses?

7. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

I'm glad you see it as that! When I offered my opinion I was flamed, granted I was an arse about it!

I bought these under recommendation and I think they're fantastic. Had them now for a few months and they're fantastic. The only problem I've had is that people I know on steam, when I'm on group chat, struggle to hear what I say. The microphone doesn't seem to bend close enough to my face to pick up what I say.

It's not a big deal, I just tell them to turn me up :p But otherwise BUY THIS HEADSET :thumb:

8. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Due to the cups being soft the glasses arms just sink into the fabric and you won't notice the difference, it's the same level of comfort as without. I have had my pair for 6-9 months or so and have been recommending them to friends for about 5.9-8.9 of those months. :)

I was weary of Razers gimmicky approach to gaming peripherals at first with the 'for gamers, by gamers' moniker but this and the deathadder have convinced me that they do in fact deliver a high-quality product. I don't work for them and I am not gushing with admiration as a free plug, just giving praise where praise is due.

9. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

MIne arrive on Monday and cannot wait to see how they compared against my old G35 set

10. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I've got the Carcharias, and I can say without a doubt it is the best set of headphones I have ever used. Comfort, durability, sound level. It has it all, and for the price, it's amazing.

Slowly but surely, I've moved to Razer for all my peripherals now. Mouse (Deathadder), Mousemat (Sphex), Keyboard (Blackwidow Ultimate) and headset (Carcharias). I don't regret any of them.

Oh, and I wear glasses, for those who wonder how well the Carcharias sits with them. You don't even feel them press against the arms.

11. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I was different, started off with Razer with the Diamondback then Deathadder and then the Lachesis which I hated. So went over to Logitech Mx518 then the G5 and now I have the G9X and got a deathadder as spare as that still remains one of the best mice out there.

Still and always used a razer pad and now on the destructor but cannot wait for these headphones, but will give my feedback

12. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

I have glasses and it doesnt bother me at all. The glasses sink right into the headset.
    Everyone that has worn my headphones has gone out and bought the same ones. For the price they are insane quality.

13. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

kar-KAR-ee-uhs (Capitalisation signifies the emphasis).

It's named after a shark :)

14. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

I'd still like to see a review comparing these and similar models to proper headphones available for the same price. The AKG K-240's are £74, for example, and the quality goes up from there quite rapidly if you're prepared to spend say £90.

15. fev

fev Industry Fallout

car--cha--reee---arrrs from the sales directors mouth

16. sear

sear What's a Dremel?

As always, I won't trust PC-branded audio equipment. Typical consumer-grade stuff is just hell on my ears these days and even the best headsets or surround setups can't even come close to touching a decent pair of audiophile-grade speakers or headphones.

17. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Exactly, I'm using some AKG K-601's with my PC. Fairly basic by audiophile standards but they're way ahead of any "gaming headset" i've ever heard.

18. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

Thankfully I'm Portuguese and can pronounce it properly xD
    I think the best way for English speaking natives is saying Car-Care-Re-As - (Re as Re of Retail)

19. Claave

Claave You Rebel scum

Thanks for all the pronunciation tips everyone - hopefully now I can avoid sounding like a Gelf every time I try to refer to these!

20. Kasius

Kasius Bringin' the dremolition

Carcharias - Car-sha-rai-as i would imagine :)

Tags: Add Tags