1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News SanDisk rejects Samsung takeover bid

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Sep 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

1st: 26$ = 13£? Not quite right... :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2nd and on topic:

Nice SanDisk! Don't give in! I like their SD cards and I love their MP3 players... I don't want Samsung to take over.

3. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

from my brief knowledge of fighting a hostile takeover bid, samsung should have seen this defence from sandisk coming, offering below an existing share price from no more than 6 months ago, you wouldnt even need to ask major shareholders for their opine on the matter, the offer alone is samsung giving the finger to sandisk as to say we really dont think you are worth that much. A hostile bid needs to offer their shareholders something, offering below a price is not the way to go, maybe if they offer $40-45 per share then sandisk shareholders might just have to say hell yeh, epsecially those major shareholders who stand to make loads of money.

I dont see it as a bad thing either, samsung has money invested in technologies elsewhere so their coming together might not be a bad thing, but maybe we'll just never know.

peace

fatman

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Good. I bought a couple of Samsung drives a couple of months ago. One just came back from RMA a few hours ago, and the other has seen a couple of issues too (thankfully fixed by a reboot so it may have been a fluke, but it still scared the hell out of me). It's the first and last time I buy their drives. And now I'm going to end up needing a Drobo or something because I'd need a T3 or so before using the online backup services could be effective enough for all of my media - I simply don't have nearly enough upload capacity to deal with the constant file changes.

Samsung's TV sets and such tend to be fine, but I've never had a problem with Sandisk media and I'd like it to stay that way.

And tbh, the last thing we need is an EVEN bigger company to implode with what's been going on the last few days. But I've always vastly preferred small businesses.

5. cebla

cebla What's a Dremel?

I personally have 8 Samsung HDDs and have recommended them to a number of other people. So far none of us have had any problems. Maybe you were just unlucky or the drives had been ill treated before you got them.

That being said I have had a few problems with Samsung's DVD drives. The most common thing I have observed is a problem where it doesn't keep the tray out for more than a few seconds. So you have to be very quick taking the disk out or putting a new one in.

6. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

All I own by Samsung is an excellent cellphone, and I can't remember any SanDisk purchases. Their MP3 players look pretty cool though, nicely low priced.

Tags: Add Tags