1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Selling GTX 690 Gaming Rig pricing- please help.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SteveD91, 2 Jan 2013.

1. SteveD91

SteveD91 What's a Dremel?

Hey there everyone. I'm selling my gaming rig as I'm very short of money at the moment, but I can't settle on a decent price and was wondering if anyone could advise me on a suitable price point? I'll paste the advert that I've put up on my local website:

For sale: High Spec Gaming PC - £1450
    This is a monster of a machine, and it
    will run anything you throw at it. Specs are as follows:
    GTX 690 4GB
    Intel Core i5 2500k overclocked at 4.5 Ghz
    Crucial M4 256GB SSD (Primary hard drive)
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM hard Drive
    8GB 1600 Mhz RAM
    Asus P8Z68-V PRO Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard
    Corsair TX 850w Power Supply
    NZXT Phantom Enthusiast USB3.0 Full Tower Case - White
    The combination of the fastest and latest dual GPU graphics card, massively overclocked and stable CPU, and a huge 256GB SSD make this computers gaming performance unmatched. The grapahics card is technically two GTX 680's on a single card, so you can imagine what the performance is like in games.
    Everything is in pristine condition, well looked after and maintained.
    The GTX 690 ALONE retails at around £750-£800 ao expect to pay a lot more for this system brand new. This is a great price on an incredible PC. Reason for sale: I spend less time on my PC than I used to, so ive decided to downsize and stuck with my console games.

The GTX 690 is a monstrous amount of money, but I'd like to know if I'm pitching this right, or should I make the price higher or lower? The machine is home built and I've had it for around a year, it's in superb condition.
    Many thanks for your responses! :D

2. S1W1

S1W1 Minimodder

It's a good PC, mate. What cooler do you have on the CPU?

That said, I don't think you'll get £1450 for it.

In fact your best bet is probably to break it down and sell the parts individually, these are the prices on Ebay at the moment:

GTX 690 - £450-500
    i5 2500k - £75-80 seems to be the going price (used) on the bay
    Crucial M4 - £80?
    Seagate 1TB - £30-40
    8GB 1600MHZ RAM - is it branded? If not it's worthless, if it's a good brand you may get £10. RAM is just so cheap at the moment it doesn't seem worth buying used for most people.
    Asus P8Z68-V PRO - £50
    Corsair TX850 - I really don't know with this one, maybe £60?
    NZXT Phantom - £50-60 (again I'm not certain).

That gives a total of about £900 - which seems low, I know :( (I may be wrong sorry, I was feeling pessimistic).

Perhaps you should become a dedicated and enthusiastic member of this community, reach 75 posts on the forum and sell the individual components to the wonderful people in the Bit-Tech market place...
    The BT market is so much nicer than Ebay - nice people, face-to-face (or rather avatar-to-avatar) communication and you're more likely to get a fair price.

Anyway, hope the sale goes well.

Last edited: 3 Jan 2013
  3. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

You will get more money if you split the items up usually, even though its more hassle.

4. SteveD91

SteveD91 What's a Dremel?

Thank you for the responses.
    Sadly, selling the pieces separately isn't really an option as I don't have many of the boxes that came with the parts anymore.

5. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Boxes aren't 100% necessary, make up some makeshift boxes and sell them off very slightly cheaper, or just wrap stuff in bubble wrap or something.

Downside is having to make yourself the packaging, advantage is that you will get the stuff sold faster/at all

Last edited: 2 Jan 2013
  6. rollo

rollo Modder

Your looking at about £1000 part splitting maybe a little more if somebody was willing to buy it as a whole. 690 whilst costs alot sells on eBay second hand for around £500 mark. Psu is next most expensive part at around £100

7. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Ape sh$%t im paying ebay a visit! $450 for a 690. Hot da$% thats AMAZING

8. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

Seems overly harsh prices there I'd give it £1000 atleast

9. Yeoo

Yeoo Minimodder

I say a grand too... mainly as i was looking at a new mobo processor 690 ram and psu, ill keep my case cd drive dan controller and it would be slightly better spec than yours for 1500. my extra money gets me slightly better spec and new parts. so 1000 seems fair to me.