1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Snooper's Charter back on the table, says May

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 8 May 2015.

1. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

They also want to scrap the "Human Rights" as well :eeek: seriously what do we need human rights for the cons would never shaft us would they :worried:

Last edited: 16 May 2015
  2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I think it's more for deporting badens easier.

It cost TAX payers £1.7 mil to deport a useless pissy hate preacher in 2013 so I'm fine with this.

People take the piss due to soft human right laws, IMHO if you burn anothers human rights then you burn your own or that's how it should be at least.

Last edited: 16 May 2015
  3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I have no problem with Bas*ards like that arab with two false hands getting deported double quick in fact there's a good argument for the death penalty right there but as all ways what the government do under one excuse will then be abused to suit their needs all the time here's a short list of the aims of the present government.

Scrapping the Human Rights Act.
    Requiring Internet service providers to block websites.
    Enabling employers to check whether an individual is an extremist.
    Making every message readable by the state - even when we've encrypted it.
    also they may revive plans for a universally applied block list of extremist sites which will be any site they deem to be such.
    And they just announced yet another counter-terrorism bill which is expected to contain more restrictions on free speech, such as to require who the say are "extremists" to ask the police for permission to post on the Internet

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

The problem with scrapping the Human rights act is that from my understanding, it's only going to increase the cost and the time taken to deport badens.

Before the act people with a legal grievance used to petition the Strasbourg Court directly because they could not go through the English courts, in theory we're just going to go back to the old way of doing things, instead of English courts making decisions, that's unless we withdraw from the European Convention on Human Rights altogether.

5. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

I'm more inclined to think that the link to extremists is more a sensationalist, diversionary tactic masking the historic Conservative economic agenda of selling off publicly owned assets. Our data is one of those assets, but the human rights act prevents them from exploiting much of that resource without a compelling reason. Ask your pharmacist about new NHS care.data.

6. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

We live in their world. Not vice-versa.

I imagine taking part in this forum thread is enough :rock:

Hope I'm not mis-fueling from an incorrect rumour --- an agency spent 15 years monitoring a guy for whatever reason, but the guy had done nothing wrong, nor intended to. He would never have known about it unless it hadn't been leaked/declassified.

Nor will we know.

Oh, and personally, if this snooper thingy stops a future Footlocker riot, where do I sign up for it?

7. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Well Jenny Jones and Green party councillor Ian Driver were deemed to be "domestic extremists" and had their political movements recorded for over 11 years, so the 15 year monitoring of some guy doesn't seem very far fetched.

For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'